Question about AsusWRT

WarriorX

2[H]4U
Looking into getting a new router and I have been looking at Asus.

In some videos the higher end Asus routers show some extra features on the UI but I can't determine if it because of the price or because the video is newer with the updated UI.

Is the UI the same for all Asus routers once updated or is their some variation in them with the different models?

Thank you

Most ASUS routers use a similar UI, and that UI got some visual tweaks recently.

Depending on the specific model, it may not have specific features shown in the UI.

Last edited:
I use the AsusWRT firmware and haven't had any issues. It does expose some additional functionality through the GUI and moves some stuff around so that its more intuitive. But yeah, they did update it recently.

I bought the RT-AC68U. Should have it tomorrow. Going from a cheapo TP link to that, hoping for some increases to my phone wifi speed.

I've been using this model since it came out and its been rock solid for the last couple of years. It has a very good range for wifi. Highly recommend the ASUSWRT firmware from Merln as it opens up more features than the Asus firmware itself. I guess the 1 caveat with this particular router is USB3. Never could get advertised USB3 speeds with storage connected.

Back