• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Question About Apevia X-QPack Case

LasombraB

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
306
I'm looking at building a SFF computer for some basic file storage/media server. I'm wanting to use the Apevia X-QPack case. It comes with a 420W power supply. Below is a link to the specs for the case. I need to know if the power supply will be good enought for the components I will be using, they are listed below. Also, I may look at adding a PCI-e video card later on.


http://www.apevia.com/product.php?pid=185


Components
  • Intel Pentium D 920
  • Intel DG965OTMKR
  • Corsair XMS2 1GB (2x512MB) TWIN2X1024A-6400
  • Seagate 80GB SATA
  • WD SE16 400GB SATA
  • NEC 16X DVD-RW
 
i have never run anything that high end in my xcube, but i do know the 920 will pull a good amount of power and PCI-E would take good power too and most guys say the aspire 420w is not up to it....
 
LasombraB said:
I'm wanting to use the Apevia X-QPack case. It comes with a 420W power supply. Below is a link to the specs for the case. I need to know if the power supply will be good enought for the components I will be using, they are listed below.

NONONONONONONONO

THROW IT AWAY.

Never EVER EVER use the Q-Pack's PSU. It is a piece of shit, and will never power anything well. I was GIVEN one (since they are so bad) and it wouldn't even power a socket A machine that I ran with only a laptop hard drive (no cd drive, no other hard drives, nothing).

In case you don't believe me, search the forums for the many, many topics on how bad it is... I believe there was even one topic entirely devoted to bashing it actually...


If you don't mind getting about an inch deeper, the Micro Fly's PSU is okay. I ran a s939 system for a while on it and it was fine, but I can't see it running much more than my opty and a 7600gt...
 
definitely dump the qpack psu. if you go with the microfly the psu still sucks, just not as much as the qpack one. take a look at my sig, i'm running a decent setup all on a xclio 450w psu and everything runs strong and cool.
 
I'm going to get a MicroFly case. I'll replace the PS before I add a video card. which PS would you guys recommend?
 
LasombraB said:
I'm going to get a MicroFly case. I'll replace the PS before I add a video card. which PS would you guys recommend?
The Microfly allows you to use any regular ATX12V PSU as it has enough room to use any optical drive and any PSU. Pick one according to your needs. Do keep in mind we have a power supplies forum.
 
A quality 400-450W PSU would be more than adequate for that system.
 
I've built 6 or 7 Q-Packs.

Out of those, 1 has a bad PSU.

Apevia is advance replacing it for me as we speak.

However, I do agree witht he others. I would upgrade to something name brand with a good reputation, and maybe go 500W with modular cables. Just watch your spacing where it meets the top optical drive.
 
synaps3 said:
NONONONONONONONO

*snip*

I believe there was even one topic entirely devoted to bashing it actually...

*snip*

That would've been the one I opened, since my "I'm smarter than you are, and I don't need to listen to your suggestions" friend decided that the stock shit that came in his QPack wasn't a threat to his system, and I needed multiple examples to make him reconsider his stance on the QPack PSU.
 
:D

As for a PSU, get either a XClio (cheap cost, decent PSU) or a Seasonic (high cost, nearly silent, amazing PSU)
 
Well, I came up with a some extra $$$, so I think I'm going to get the Silverstone SG01-BE sff case instead of other two. Seems like www.eastluna.com has the best price of $136 shipped. But I can't find any reveiws of them. Are they a good place to order from?

BTW, I'm getting a Silverstone Zeus 520W power supply for the case.
 
Back
Top