• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Question about a setting in CCC.

Proxy

Pumpkin Ghost
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
4,308
So I have been playing through Return to Castle Wolfenstein lately (I like to play though old games every now and then). Okay, so I have all of the settings all that way as high as they can go (obviously), and noticed that some textures still looked really blocky; now I know this is an old game, but it's not that old. So after messing around in-game, and in the CCC I saw that Catalyst A.I. was set to 'Advanced' somehow. I reset it to 'Standard', went back in-game, and the texture were back to normal. So my question is simple: What does Catalyst A.I. do exactly?
 
It's a set of optimizations. Standard only uses ones that don't have an impact on image quality, while Advanced is much more aggressive. Turning it completely off can also have a negative effect as it can slow performance due to disabling tweaks that AMD sets for certain games.
 
You should be ok to set it to advanced, but make sure mip map detail is not set to high performance or you get stuff like that.
 
You should be ok to set it to advanced, but make sure mip map detail is not set to high performance or you get stuff like that.

I was still getting odd things happening in game even with Mipmap levels sett to 'High Quality'. The only thing that fixes it, is keeping the A.I. to Standard.
 
Back
Top