Question about 9800XT

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a good heatsink/fan combo for this card? I think the fan is dying or is extremely quiet. I'm also not comfortable with the heat generated by the back plate as it's hot to the touch.

Thanks

because repairs void your warranty, the best thing would be to RMA it. If not, and you wanna spend some cash? the ZALMAN ZM80C-HP is a high rated replacement. But beware...if you are not too savvy to modding etc I'd RMA it instead, the zalman requires patience and dexterity. I had one and my RMA, in canada, took 7 days

BUT???....find out if it's dying or quiet :rolleyes:

G'ßöö said:
because repairs void your warranty, the best thing would be to RMA it. If not, and you wanna spend some cash? the ZALMAN ZM80C-HP is a high rated replacement. But beware...if you are not too savvy to modding etc I'd RMA it instead, the zalman requires patience and dexterity. I had one and my RMA, in canada, took 7 days

BUT???....find out if it's dying or quiet :rolleyes:
It's quiet compared to the fan on my R9500 Pro.

The heat is still not very comforting. I had the Zalman heatpipe you mentioned on the R9500p, but it was also too hot for comfort, so I added the optional fan. System runs fine, but I really like to keep components nice and cool, for peace of mind more than performance sakes.

rgr that. their ZM-OP1 should be used as well ...I've seen other's. time to google 'er up? :D cheers!

Back