Question about 6.3mm to 3.5mm adapter

damstr

[H]ard|Gawd
I just bought a Asus Xonar Essence STX. I know that it use 6.3mm inputs for the headphone and line in.

I know it comes with an adapter for the headphones but will the same adapter work for the line in mic as well? I wasn't sure if the poles were in different locations on the actual plug or whatever.

I have Beyerdynamic DT990's and they already come with a 6.3mm to 3.5mm that actually screws onto the cable so if the included adapter works for the line on on the Asus I'll be good.

Thanks

I just bought a Asus Xonar Essence STX. I know that it use 6.3mm inputs for the headphone and line in.

I know it comes with an adapter for the headphones but will the same adapter work for the line in mic as well? I wasn't sure if the poles were in different locations on the actual plug or whatever.

I have Beyerdynamic DT990's and they already come with a 6.3mm to 3.5mm that actually screws onto the cable so if the included adapter works for the line on on the Asus I'll be good.

Thanks

The adapter is just a pass through so it will work with a mic as well.

You will be fine... DT990s are sweet man, you will enjoy em with that card.

Awesome. I'm currently running off on board audio like I said using my Fiio E17 to drive the 250Ohm headphones and it's ok but I feel like I'm wasting the potential of my headphones with on board audio.

It will be Nice to plug my headphones directly into the sound card and not have to worry about driving them with an external amp.

Yeah, you're definitely wasting the potential of those headphones with the onboard sound. They will definitely come alive when driven by something better. The Asus cards are quite alright.

And as stated, the DT990's are very nice. I've got DT880's, and absolutely love them.

My Soundblaster ZxR does pretty well with my 600ohm DT880s but my headphone amp really bring them to life. They fall flat on their face if plugged directly into my Aventage 3010.

They definitely come to life at about 110 mW. My amp uses those same 6080 tubes in the bottle head amp and people would kill for em. What tube setup will you go with on the bottle head?

I'll initially just go with the stock tubes provided with the kit. After some burn in time, I'll look into some tune rolling. A lot of good info on Head-Fi.

I'm currently using a Schiit Asgard 2 solid state headphone amp with a Schiit Modi DAC, and it sounds real nice. The headphone out on my vintage Pioneer SA-8800 integrated amp also drives the DT880's well.

Just got the card practically brand new for $124. Picking it up tomorrow can't wait to hear the difference!

Back