• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Question about 2405 and 2005 FPW's

neveral0ne

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 21, 2005
Messages
68
Is there any performance issues in the 2405FPW ? Meaning, are the colors not vivid as its little brother? Does it make "noise" like some people were complaining about? Does it bleed?

And would it be a good idea to get the 2405FPW for me, if I want to play 360 / PS 3 in the future on it? Or am I better of getting a HD TV ?
 
What do you mean by "vividness"? The brightness and contrast on 2405 are excellent. However, as the viewing angle changes slightly, there is a noticeable color washout. 2005 is not as bright, but colors on it are actually consistent.

As for bleed, my 2405 was better, even though my 2005 is pretty good. Ghosting bothered me somewhat on 2405. I didn't play games as much on 2005, but it's at least not worse (to me).

I sent my 2405 back this summer, got 2005 not too long ago and couldn't be happier. Given the money you'd pay for 2405, I personlally would take 2 2005s instead. But if gaming is your primary concern... I would wait for the refreshes :D which should come out this February I think (the xx07FP seires?). The panels should be better, the scaling electronics (hopefully) will be better too, which is important for consoles. But If you don't plan to use it on PC that much, I'd just get an HDTV.
 
Back
Top