Quesiton about new ASus SLI mother board

Trancify

Weaksauce
Hi, I dont know the exact name for that new asus sli motherboard, The motherboard that scored 10,123 in 3dmark05. My question is what kind of memory does it support DDR or DDR2. I know it supports AMD processer.

Second question ... Is this ATX or Extended ATX motherboard..

I was planning to take my I925x motherboard from my Alienware system and put this new asus motherboard. Will the new asus motherboard fit in my alienware case?? I want the SLI.. i am not gonna go back to alienware.. cause they will charge me too much. I want to upgrade to FX 55 athlon 64 processer and 2 nvidia cards and of course the motherboard

look at current system i have in my signature.. and tell me if i can uprade or not..

I will really appreciate your help.. Thank

Trancify said:
Hi, I dont know the exact name for that new asus sli motherboard, The motherboard that scored 10,123 in 3dmark05. My question is what kind of memory does it support DDR or DDR2. I know it supports AMD processer.

Second question ... Is this ATX or Extended ATX motherboard..

I was planning to take my I925x motherboard from my Alienware system and put this new asus motherboard. Will the new asus motherboard fit in my alienware case?? I want the SLI.. i am not gonna go back to alienware.. cause they will charge me too much. I want to upgrade to FX 55 athlon 64 processer and 2 nvidia cards and of course the motherboard

look at current system i have in my signature.. and tell me if i can uprade or not..

I will really appreciate your help.. Thank

1> Since the memory controller is on the CPU for 939 Athlon64's, you will be limited to DDR.
2> ATX.
3> Yes.

Trancify said:

No you couldn't.... while it would fit in the case, you would basically have to replace all the expensive stuff... you *could* use the X800XT, but not in SLi.. you couldn't use the processor and obviously not the motherboard (as that is what you woudl replace initially).

Basically, you'd be just shy of buying a new system... you could keep your HDDs (although I wouldn't cause the NF4 supports NCQ and SATAII so I would get one of those as soon as they were readily available), OpticalDrives, PSU, Case and PCI cards... which aren't really that expensive when compared to a CPU, mobo and video card (or cardS in this case).

peace,
OriginalOCer

he wants dual 6800's

all i gotta say it... wait fo the prices to come down... your computer rocks right now... plus i havent seen any pci e 6800's with the sLI connectors yet

OriginalOCer said:
No you couldn't.... while it would fit in the case, you would basically have to replace all the expensive stuff... you *could* use the X800XT, but not in SLi.. you couldn't use the processor and obviously not the motherboard (as that is what you woudl replace initially).

Basically, you'd be just shy of buying a new system... you could keep your HDDs (although I wouldn't cause the NF4 supports NCQ and SATAII so I would get one of those as soon as they were readily available), OpticalDrives, PSU, Case and PCI cards... which aren't really that expensive when compared to a CPU, mobo and video card (or cardS in this case).

peace,
OriginalOCer

Umm, he already said he wants an Asus SLI board, an FX-55 and dual 6800's, what else is he going to have to replace besides that DDR2 memory that is so expensive? NCQ/TCQ/SATAII have not proven themselves to be beneficial to single user desktop/workstation use from what I have seen. No big loss there. The NCQ advantages as implemented in the nForce4 are also an unknown (anyone test this on the sample boards, link?).

Main Target said:
4> upgrading your computer is absolutely ridiculous.

Ha! :D

I wish I had that kind of scratch to throw around. Of course if I did, I never would have bought an alien... but hey, its still a nice rig, and why not upgrade it to A64 and SLI? Of course, he could just go with Intel's SLI implementation and not have to replace the rest of the Intel kit at all. Anyone know the time frame for Intel's desktop SLI boards?

Back