Quantum Break

Quantum Break's live action cut scenes needs an internet connection

Remedy has confirmed that the live-action episodes that play following each act of the game will stream to your Xbox One or Windows 10 PC remotely when the game launches in April...when asked if an option will exist for those wanting to download it, Louden says that it will only be offered on the Xbox One version, but the Windows 10 version does feature 4K resolution, making the video size all the more substantial...

Quantum Break's Live-Action Episodes Are Streamed To Save Hard Drive And Disc Space
This makes no fucking sense... How is hard drive space a concern on PC, but not Xbox? Both allow you to use drives as big as you want. Well technically, the Xbox ONE is limited to 16TB of external storage at a time, while that constraint doesn't exist on PC...

yeah MS doomed this game by making it windows store only. as they will doom every other game that is unfortunate enough to be on the windows store platform.

yeah MS doomed this game by making it windows store only. as they will doom every other game that is unfortunate enough to be on the windows store platform.

Considering I sold my Xbox One and the Windows Store is the only way I have to play these games now - I can't complain all that much. Still will be a better experience than the Xbox One version that is at 720p/30.

Considering I sold my Xbox One and the Windows Store is the only way I have to play these games now - I can't complain all that much. Still will be a better experience than the Xbox One version that is at 720p/30.

Weren't there some Windows Store imposed limitations on games, though? I think Gears of War was framerate locked and this game probably will be too. That kinda stuff is a dealbreaker for me when I spend a ton of money building a rig to play above 60FPS.

EDIT: Here were the restrictions placed on Windows Stores games, as of now, not sure if any of this has changed:

No SLI/Crossfire support at all
- Windows 10 store download is broken, has been since the release of any PC title on Windows Store
- No clear refund policy
- Vsync is always on, regardless as to if you set "Locked Framerate" to off???
- Always borderless fullscreen (Can you not do this)
- Unable to launch via 3rd party apps due to the game no allowed to run via the exe, IE can't add to Steam
- Unable to use any form of fps monitor software at all
- Requires Administrator privileges to even open the folder where the game is located??
- Can't use effects injectors like sweetfx or other mods

Weren't there some Windows Store imposed limitations on games, though? I think Gears of War was framerate locked and this game probably will be too. That kinda stuff is a dealbreaker for me when I spend a ton of money building a rig to play above 60FPS.

EDIT: Here were the restrictions placed on Windows Stores games, as of now, not sure if any of this has changed:

- Windows 10 store download is broken, has been since the release of any PC title on Windows Store
- No clear refund policy
- Unable to launch via 3rd party apps due to the game no allowed to run via the exe, IE can't add to Steam
- Requires Administrator privileges to even open the folder where the game is located??

SLI and Crossfire ARE supported. The list was made right after Rise came out and no one bothered to update it after it was proven that no multi-GPU support was the fault of the developer and not the store. You can get Gears to work with SLI via Nvidia Inspector which means support is possible, the developers and Nvidia just need to actually get around to adding it to the game officially.

At Build Pihl Spencer stated that overlays and mods are coming, but there is a caveat for mods. They won't be allowing exe modification or, likely, any external mods. He mentioned doing something like Steam Workshop. This likely means that injectors won't work unless people manage to find a workaround. For overlays Spencer stated that it won't be too complicated to add support for FRAPS or other simple overlays but it will require the developer to port their app from Win32 over to UWA.

V-sync, G-sync, and exclusive full-screen support are coming in May.

Everything else, of course, needs addressing but at least MS seems to be actually interested in fixing some of the issues with the store.

SLI and Crossfire ARE supported. The list was made right after Rise came out and no one bothered to update it after it was proven that no multi-GPU support was the fault of the developer and not the store. You can get Gears to work with SLI via Nvidia Inspector which means support is possible, the developers and Nvidia just need to actually get around to adding it to the game officially.

At Build Pihl Spencer stated that overlays and mods are coming, but there is a caveat for mods. They won't be allowing exe modification or, likely, any external mods. He mentioned doing something like Steam Workshop. This likely means that injectors won't work unless people manage to find a workaround. For overlays Spencer stated that it won't be too complicated to add support for FRAPS or other simple overlays but it will require the developer to port their app from Win32 over to UWA.

V-sync, G-sync, and exclusive full-screen support are coming in May.

Everything else, of course, needs addressing but at least MS seems to be actually interested in fixing some of the issues with the store.

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately with this game launching in a couple of days it looks like it's going to be a waiting game scenario for people who know these things still aren't working yet. I feel bad for anyone who ends up purchasing this game without doing their homework first on what currently works and what doesn't.

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately with this game launching in a couple of days it looks like it's going to be a waiting game scenario for people who know these things still aren't working yet. I feel bad for anyone who ends up purchasing this game without doing their homework first on what currently works and what doesn't.

The Xbox version is getting some pretty good reviews. Even if all of the PC features aren't there, if it's a good game, then it's a good game. As long at it's technically solid out of the gate otherwise, which is something that many PCs games aren't these days, I think most will be happy.

The Xbox version is getting some pretty good reviews. Even if all of the PC features aren't there, if it's a good game, then it's a good game. As long at it's technically solid out of the gate otherwise, which is something that many PCs games aren't these days, I think most will be happy.

Hopefully it ends up being a good PC version. Though MS didn't hand out review copies for the PC version.

reviews are average to above average but nothing special...the whole interactive thing always seemed corny and the reviews mostly confirm the awkward fit...I had no interest when it was a console exclusive, slightly higher interest when it was announced for PC and now am pretty much the same...Dark Souls 3 (PC) will be my game for the next few months so either way I'm glad Quantum is not on my radar...I'll read some PC reviews to see if things improved though but it sounds like the game is not on the same level as Alan Wake or even Max Payne 3

Just finished episode 1. The game itself is pretty generic but the story and the live action episode is pretty damn solid. Really wish I didn't have to go to work tomorrow.

My guess is the stream only option for PC is an anti piracy measure. Otherwise they would do the same for the One. I can imagine lots of 1080 videos can take up space but I'd rather download than stream. I'd have the space for it. And if your SSD is too small there is no reason the movie files can't be installed on another drive. If it can stream from online in game then it can access them on another drive. I have ArmA 3 mods installed on my HDD while the base game is on my SSD to save space.

My guess is the stream only option for PC is an anti piracy measure. Otherwise they would do the same for the One. I can imagine lots of 1080 videos can take up space but I'd rather download than stream. I'd have the space for it. And if your SSD is too small there is no reason the movie files can't be installed on another drive. If it can stream from online in game then it can access them on another drive. I have ArmA 3 mods installed on my HDD while the base game is on my SSD to save space.

On XO the live action episodes are 75GB. PC episodes are 4K so I can definitely understand them not wanting people to download all of them when most people will only see a tiny portion of that (they're basically like choose your own adventure).

Early Quantum Break PC report claiming "It's completely not stable. Like, at all.sub-30 FPS on my GTX980. On LOW settings." and a few other issues • /r/pcgaming

Early reports of performance problems on an FX CPU + 980. Nvidia rep on Twitter says there is something else wrong. 280X owner in the comments says it runs fine.

Too early to say, but we might have yet another DX12 catastrophe for Nvidia.

MS is doing a great job getting people to avoid upgrading to Windows 10...DX12 was supposed to be the killer app that got all the hardware/gaming enthusiasts to switch...seems like the opposite...I was going to 'upgrade' one of my Windows 7 machines to Windows 10 but since MS keeps screwing up these major DX12 titles I'm perfectly content to stick with 7 for the foreseeable future

Reactions: DPI
like this

- No clear refund policy

Aside from what Derangel updated on, it's possible to launch titles via 3rd party too. I was able to add Killer Instinct to steam, the path to link Windows Store games is a seperate file than the .exe "Microsoft.KillerInstinct-Win10_8wekyb3d8bbwe!KillerInstinct.App" is what you add to a non-steam game shortcut for the target. Within that same folder it will list out the other App Id's that you have installed.

Today is 5th of april but I see no option to buy it on the windows store.
Any news of it?
Is the game out or not?

Today is 5th of april but I see no option to buy it on the windows store.
Any news of it?
Is the game out or not?

according to Remedy: "The Windows 10 version should be out in most Win10 stores at 6am PST aka 4pm Finland time”

reports on the PC version are not good so be wary...apparently MS has not allowed any PC reviews to go out as well which is a big red flag

according to Remedy: "The Windows 10 version should be out in most Win10 stores at 6am PST aka 4pm Finland time”

reports on the PC version are not good so be wary...apparently MS has not allowed any PC reviews to go out as well which is a big red flag

I really want to buy this game. I have a GTX980 Ti SLI but I am worried that I can't max it out at 4K since the game should be very demanding and most probably will not support SLI.
please update this thread if you have some info on PC performance and SLI support.

thanks.

I really want to buy this game. I have a GTX980 Ti SLI but I am worried that I can't max it out at 4K since the game should be very demanding and most probably will not support SLI.
please update this thread if you have some info on PC performance and SLI support.

thanks.

here's one small report from 980 and 980Ti SLI users...small sample size but I've seen similar reports elsewhere...I would wait for some performance benchmarks

Joseph Bradford on Twitter

Just finished episode 1. The game itself is pretty generic but the story and the live action episode is pretty damn solid. Really wish I didn't have to go to work tomorrow.

Now I really wish I could take the day off too. :D I have not got a chance to play the game yet but, sounds every bit and exciting as I expect it to be. :)

thanks.

GTX980 Ti SLI and sub 30FPS with only 1080P?
they will not see my money.

First 20 minutes of Quantum Break on PC. Not the best encoding quality, but you can clearly see the FPS issues. This is with an i7-3770k and 980 Ti SLI at 1920x1080.

I usually don't pay attention to WCCFTech, but it's the only site with any information at the moment. Here is an archive.
Quantum Break for PC Is Yet Another Disappointment from Microsoft

UK store page is now live. Price £49.99 (!), or about $71 USD...
Quantum Break – Windows Games on Microsoft Store

US store page has it now, $59.99.

Last edited:
edit: Sorry missed the link to the WCCFTech, guess it is having problems on PC and it was not just the one streamer. I hope they fix this, I know there were issues with the Windows store copy of Tomb Raider and Gears of War that got sorted out (gsync, SLI) so I hope this improves.

Ok one streamer had problems, can we wait to declare it crappy performance though? One guy does not equal a problem I would say, we need the game to release and have more reports to corroberate.

Wish they would send me my game code already, I was hoping to kick off the download before heading to work.

Is this another POS windows 10 only game, with all the associated limitations of being inside a UWP wrapper? Ugh.

Is this another POS windows 10 only game, with all the associated limitations of being inside a UWP wrapper? Ugh.

I hope the May update to those limitations they promised applies to games released prior to May at the same time. If this port isn't a complete mess I might wait until May to pick it up. Gsync doesn't matter to me but I prefer running my games in fullscreen and having the option to disable vsync.

A 980ti SLI setup shouldn't struggle to do 1080p in anything that actually supports SLI. That's frightening. Hopefully some patches fix this as I kinda want this game at some point.

can you share a link to that page?
I have a link to both the UK and US store pages in my last post.
First 20 minutes of Quantum Break on PC. Not the best encoding quality, but you can clearly see the FPS issues. This is with an i7-3770k and 980 Ti SLI at 1920x1080.

I usually don't pay attention to WCCFTech, but it's the only site with any information at the moment. Here is an archive.
Quantum Break for PC Is Yet Another Disappointment from Microsoft

UK store page is now live. Price £49.99 (!), or about $71 USD...

US store page has it now, $59.99.

thank you.
oooops, 70€ for a PC game.
this is the first time I see a PC game at 70€, they are mad.
70€ for a non optimized game, that works bad even with high end cards that doesn't support SLI conseguently 4K.

no go for me.

I loved all remedy games starting from the first max payne to the last, alan wake, love remedy but hey, 70€ for a problematic game,
you mad.

thank you.
oooops, 70€ for a PC game.
this is the first time I see a PC game at 70€, they are mad.
70€ for a non optimized game, that works bad even with high end cards that doesn't support SLI conseguently 4K.

no go for me.

I loved all remedy games starting from the first max payne to the last, alan wake, love remedy but hey, 70€ for a problematic game,
you mad.

Well, lets see, XBox One game, Windows 10 game, and an Xbox 360 game, all for $65. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Still waiting for my code. So I hear some are having problems and others are not. I'm confident I will be able to run it just fine even if I have to disable SLI and/or gsync (and even then I'm sure they will fix gsync). We shall see once the codes get sent out.

I did play Act 1 on the xbone last night. Probably cannot be avoided but I keep comparing and contrasting this to Alan Wake which was also a heavily story driven game. And honestly I appreciate Remedy for wanting to have a good story in their games. If you look at their three big games they mostly are about the story and the characters first, with a cool gameplay feature thrown in for the meat of the gameplay (bullet time, flashlight powers, time powers).

Side note, looking out on the internet there are plenty of people lining up to hate on this game. Too short, lol 720p, M$$$$, Windows store UWP. I would not dismiss those types criticisms of the game as they can be valid, but I think some are going overboard.

Still waiting for my code. So I hear some are having problems and others are not. I'm confident I will be able to run it just fine even if I have to disable SLI and/or gsync (and even then I'm sure they will fix gsync). We shall see once the codes get sent out.

I did play Act 1 on the xbone last night. Probably cannot be avoided but I keep comparing and contrasting this to Alan Wake which was also a heavily story driven game. And honestly I appreciate Remedy for wanting to have a good story in their games. If you look at their three big games they mostly are about the story and the characters first, with a cool gameplay feature thrown in for the meat of the gameplay (bullet time, flashlight powers, time powers).

Side note, looking out on the internet there are plenty of people lining up to hate on this game. Too short, lol 720p, M$$$$, Windows store UWP. I would not dismiss those types criticisms of the game as they can be valid, but I think some are going overboard.

Thank you for your input. As far as folks criticizing, well they are doing that, I will be enjoying the game. :) I guess folks get fun out of complaining about things but I am really looking forward to playing it.

So, this is a cross-buy, yes? Meaning, if the PC version is straight up busted and never fixed I can still play on the Xbox One, right?

Which one of those criticisms specifically goes "overboard"?

So, this is a cross-buy, yes? Meaning, if the PC version is straight up busted and never fixed I can still play on the Xbox One, right?

It was if you pre-ordered on Xbox. I'm not sure if it still is. I played Act 1 on Xbox last night and will hopefully be playing the rest on PC today/tomorrow.

Back