Quantum Break

you're not getting it...the people who bought an Xbox for this game don't all own high end PC's or any gaming PC at all so the Windows 10 free giveaway means nothing to them...the markets are different...you think everyone owns both a console and a gaming PC?...I bought my first console in 2015 to play Bloodborne...if it eventually came to PC of course I would be a bit disappointed but I knew I could trust Sony because of their history that an exclusive means something with them- Demon's Souls, Uncharted series, Last of Us etc...I have no worries that Last Guardian, Zero Dawn or any of the other big PS4 exclusives will ever be available on any other platform
Actually I think many people own both consoles and a decent pc. I had an XBOX 360 and PS3 for years while still having a higher end gaming pc.

Actually I think many people own both consoles and a decent pc. I had an XBOX 360 and PS3 for years while still having a higher end gaming pc.

there are many more console players then PC...most people choose one and not both...this is a tech/gaming enthusiast forum so of course the averages don't apply...if I thought Bloodborne would ever come to PC I would never have bought a PS4...same principle applies to Quantum Break or any console exclusive

you're not getting it...the people who bought an Xbox for this game don't all own high end PC's or any gaming PC at all so the Windows 10 free giveaway means nothing to them...the markets are different...you think everyone owns both a console and a gaming PC?

You just said it, the Windows 10 free giveaway means nothing to them. Bingo. Exactly. I couldn't agree more.

...I bought my first console in 2015 to play Bloodborne...if it eventually came to PC of course I would be a bit disappointed but I knew I could trust Sony because of their history that an exclusive means something with them- Demon's Souls, Uncharted series, Last of Us etc...I have no worries that Last Guardian, Zero Dawn or any of the other big PS4 exclusives will ever be available on any other platform

One wouldn't buy a PS4 because a platform that means nothing to them has a game they want to play? So the fact that the game is available only on ONE platform is of more value than the quality of the game? Again, this just isn't normal logic. Maybe fanboy logical, but not normal logic.

One wouldn't buy a PS4 because a platform that means nothing to them has a game they want to play? So the fact that the game is available only on ONE platform is of more value than the quality of the game? Again, this just isn't normal logic. Maybe fanboy logical, but not normal logic.

people buy consoles for the exclusives not for the multi-platform titles...the more exclusives you have then the more value your console has...as far as fanboy logic, I think your rep as an MS fanboy disqualifies you from using that term towards anyone else

people buy consoles for the exclusives not for the multi-platform titles...the more exclusives you have then the more value your console has...as far as fanboy logic, I think your rep as an MS fanboy disqualifies you from using that term towards anyone else

But it's still not on any other console. What sense does it make to be pissy about it releasing on on platform you neither have nor have any interest in getting? It is not remotely logical. And yes I realize emotions are not logical, but it's still a bit ridiculous to get angry over something like this. It's not like they could have bought another console and still got the game.

Call me a fanboy, but if this game came out for Linux as well I wouldn't give a shit. You just said that this game coming out for Windows 10 has no meaning to Xbox owners. I agree.

But it's still not on any other console. What sense does it make to be pissy about it releasing on on platform you neither have nor have any interest in getting? It is not remotely logical. And yes I realize emotions are not logical, but it's still a bit ridiculous to get angry over something like this. It's not like they could have bought another console and still got the game.

you don't understand the concept of 'exclusive'...exclusive doesn't just mean console exclusive...there are PC gamers that buy a console for the games they think will never come to their platform of choice...exclusive means exclusive to 1 platform...timed exclusive means it is coming to other platforms...Uncharted, Last of Us, Demon's Souls, Bloodborne are exclusives...and I used myself with Bloodborne/PS4 as an example of why exclusives matter to gamers...I'm a PC gamer 100% but I love the Souls series so I needed to play Bloodborne- with the bonus of getting to play other exclusives such as Last of Us, Uncharted remastered etc

I personally don't care as I don't own an Xbox but it's the principle and I understand why console peeps are upset

Last edited:
you don't understand the concept of 'exclusive'...exclusive doesn't just mean console exclusive...there are PC gamers that buy a console for the games they think will never come to their platform of choice...exclusive means exclusive to 1 platform...timed exclusive means it is coming to other platforms...Uncharted, Last of Us, Demon's Souls, Bloodborne are exclusives...and I used myself with Bloodborne/PS4 as an example of why exclusives matter to gamers...I'm a PC gamer 100% but I love the Souls series so I needed to play Bloodborne- with the bonus of getting to play other exclusives such as Last of Us, Uncharted remastered etc

I understand the concept I just simply don't care. I haven't given a damn about exclusives in long time. If you only have a single system then it should not matter in the least bit if other people get to play the game as well. Getting pissed because your system is no longer "special" is ridiculous. The game doesn't suddenly become bad just because it's on other platforms and in no way should it ever diminish someone's enjoyment of it. Anyone that gets into any of those three mindsets is a fanboy and needs to get the fuck over brand loyalty bullshit.

IF someone bought a XB1 instead of a gaming PC because of Quantum Break or IF a PC gamer bought a XB1 specifically due to it those people can be mad about it. That is understandable. The other 99.999% of owners have no logical reason to be mad about it.

If Sony were to release Bloodborne on the PC with updated graphics and 60 fps game play; I just can't see how someone would complain about that. Lots of PC games get ported to Mobile. I don't care. Some games get ported to Mac and Linux. If anything I get happy because I can buy the Mac copy on sale for cheaper than the Windows version and get the Windows copy for free as it's all one Steam key.

I don't even think of it like Ferrari exclusives as they limit the number of cars to create value. It's just a rented license for a game that nobody owns but the publisher.

IF someone bought a XB1 instead of a gaming PC because of Quantum Break or IF a PC gamer bought a XB1 specifically due to it those people can be mad about it. That is understandable. The other 99.999% of owners have no logical reason to be mad about it.

+1. Again, why does it matter what platform a piece of software runs on? Most of the Windows 10 haters in the world are always talking about Vulkan or whatever so that they don't have to game on Windows. A Windows person might be as enthusiastic about those efforts or believe that they will mean much, but none of us are blowing a gasket when Windows software runs on other platforms. Why the fuck does it matter? Oh no, ONE game is no longer exclusive to the $400 dollar console you bought which still has plenty of exclusives. You can still play it on that device and the other platform it supports will cost more than your $400 Xbox. There's just no way real people stew about this kind of nonsense. Anyone worried about something like this probably has far more important things to deal with. Like why something that costs $400 means anything.

If Sony were to release Bloodborne on the PC with updated graphics and 60 fps game play; I just can't see how someone would complain about that. Lots of PC games get ported to Mobile. I don't care. Some games get ported to Mac and Linux. If anything I get happy because I can buy the Mac copy on sale for cheaper than the Windows version and get the Windows copy for free as it's all one Steam key.

I don't even think of it like Ferrari exclusives as they limit the number of cars to create value. It's just a rented license for a game that nobody owns but the publisher.

This is a fabricated issue that has far more to do with this being a Windows 10 exclusive on the PC side than not being an Xbone exclusive. No one in this forum complaining about this would be making any arguments if QB were also launching on Linux.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/02...e-a-masterpiece-according-to-aaron-greenberg/

Looks like it's a Windows Store exclusive. Kinda scary, from this Reddit thread it looks like the Windows Store has a fairly tight grip on what you buy, and that as a result of how software functions through it, games may lack the ability to toggle v-sync and utilize SLI.

going forward I wouldn't be surprised to see Steam, Origin, Uplay etc locked out and the Microsoft Store becoming the defacto way of buying PC games for Windows 10...probably not too big of a deal if you already own Windows 10 but again it's the principle behind it that I don't like...in a way maybe it's better if DX12 fails that way Windows 7 will be a viable gaming platform for years to come

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/02...e-a-masterpiece-according-to-aaron-greenberg/

Looks like it's a Windows Store exclusive. Kinda scary, from this Reddit thread it looks like the Windows Store has a fairly tight grip on what you buy, and that as a result of how software functions through it, games may lack the ability to toggle v-sync and utilize SLI.

Universal apps are sandboxed so there are some differences from Win32. SLI does work with the proper profiling. I have Windows Store version of ROTR and not exactly sure what some of the issues people mention, like full screen exclusive. I've played a lot of ROTR on my Surface Book which doesn't really have a lot of GPU power for games and it runs very well at 1280x960 and medium settings.

I've been looking for some comparisons between the Windows Store and Steam versions but haven't found any. I'm tempted to buy it on Steam as well just to see if I notice much. But Windows Store versions will be much more locked down than Win32 apps and I know that that will make people in places like this unhappy.

Too bad it is Windows 10 only. Though what annoys me more is the Windows Store requirement. I don't have any desire to use a phone like app on a desktop. And GFWL does not leave a good impression. I avoid Uplay games for similar reason, although even that is a good bit better than GFWL. Steam, Origin or GOG are fine.

going forward I wouldn't be surprised to see Steam, Origin, Uplay etc locked out and the Microsoft Store becoming the defacto way of buying PC games for Windows 10...probably not too big of a deal if you already own Windows 10 but again it's the principle behind it that I don't like...in a way maybe it's better if DX12 fails that way Windows 7 will be a viable gaming platform for years to come

You do realize that that is an insane conspiracy theory right? Windows is not a gated platform. Microsoft has absolutely no control nor any ability to control what gets released on Windows. MS can control what they put on Windows and what goes in the Windows store. That is all. Do you seriously believe Microsoft cares enough about video games to kill their ENTIRE market?

Too bad it is Windows 10 only. Though what annoys me more is the Windows Store requirement. I don't have any desire to use a phone like app on a desktop. And GFWL does not leave a good impression. I avoid Uplay games for similar reason, although even that is a good bit better than GFWL. Steam, Origin or GOG are fine.

There's really nothing phone app like a PC game that uses a keyboard and mouse or controller. GFWL is dead, these games use Xbox Live. Play syncs between an Xbox and Windows 10. In any case, a lot of misconceptions about the Windows Store around here. I use a lot apps from there now. The Windows Store has plenty of issues but there's still a decent amount of good software there now.

You do realize that that is an insane conspiracy theory right?

This is a leftover from Windows 8. Win32 is one of the most successful things in all of tech history. There's nothing in it for Microsoft to intentionally disable Win32 apps, not at this point. And nothing for many years to come. Their 2 in 1 strategy like the Surface line that's starting to work now is completely dependent on Win32 apps.

There's really nothing phone app like a PC game that uses a keyboard and mouse or controller. GFWL is dead, these games use Xbox Live. Play syncs between an Xbox and Windows 10. In any case, a lot of misconceptions about the Windows Store around here. I use a lot apps from there now. The Windows Store has plenty of issues but there's still a decent amount of good software there now.

Windows Store and all the MS apps on it feel like they were meant for phones. When using a desktop I'm not too keen on using a phone like app to manage my titles. And GFWL still leaves a horrible impression. I had to deal with it a few weeks back and it is still without a doubt the worst and most confusing DRM client out there.

Windows Store and all the MS apps on it feel like they were meant for phones. When using a desktop I'm not too keen on using a phone like app to manage my titles. And GFWL still leaves a horrible impression. I had to deal with it a few weeks back and it is still without a doubt the worst and most confusing DRM client out there.

As most of the apps in the Windows Store are designed to work with both touch and keyboard and mouse I can understand the feeling they were meant for phones as they clearly weren't meant for just keyboard and mouse driven devices. Though my guess is that many people would never even know the difference with newer modern apps that overall do a much better job dealing with the interface differences. The new Netflix app for instance. Hard to see how it's just for phones any more than the web app to me. However QB is not touch enabled at all and no one would get the idea that it was meant for a phone. And again, GFWL isn't the system hear but Xbox Live and that has a considerably better rep.

I checked out Windows Store they have Tomb Raider I guess it's just a matter of time before Quantum Break pops up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfOgKpsdxCk

Graphics are looking pretty good. Gameplay wise the time warping abilities seem overpowered against standard enemies, hopefully there are plenty of elite time soldiers to make the game challenging.

Thanks for sharing, definitely a nice video and really made me excited for this game to come out.

Ok so it's got Iceman as the main character, the hobbit dude from Lost was in there too, and Little Finger as the bad guy (or so I guess). I can't believe I didn't know about this game until recently. I think this just turned into a 100% purchase for me, I already have an XB1 and a Win10 PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfOgKpsdxCk

Graphics are looking pretty good. Gameplay wise the time warping abilities seem overpowered against standard enemies, hopefully there are plenty of elite time soldiers to make the game challenging.

character models look excellent but overall the graphics don't look all that impressive...yes it's an Xbox build in that video but I don't see it making that big of a leap in quality

best thing about this game is that we'll finally get a big DX12 game to benchmark...plus it'll be interesting to see what if anything is missing in Maxwell cards as far as DX12 feature sets

Dead on arrival if no Steam release and I fully expect the game to become victim of heavy piracy.
Microsoft never cared about PC gaming if you look at the GFWL debacle. I don't think any of us want to go back to that disaster. Remedy should drop them and find a new publisher or be their own.

Microsoft never cared about PC gaming if you look at the GFWL debacle. I don't think any of us want to go back to that disaster. Remedy should drop them and find a new publisher or be their own.
Come to think of it, Remedy self-published Alan Wake on Steam, so perhaps if you're not terribly excited to play the game, give it 6-12 months and it might show up on Steam. The Windows Store might just be some kind of timed exclusive thing.

Come to think of it, Remedy self-published Alan Wake on Steam, so perhaps if you're not terribly excited to play the game, give it 6-12 months and it might show up on Steam. The Windows Store might just be some kind of timed exclusive thing.

Remedy owns the IP of Alan Wake. I think the Quantum Break IP is owned by microsoft. So it would be up to microsoft if Quantum Break ever gets published on steam.

I'm hoping Microsoft is capable of learning from it's prior transgressions with GFWL, and makes the new online store something competitive, a client that functions well and isn't overly obtrusive. My guess is it will be a locked down client, and they'll be pushing subscription memberships to play Xbox live games via cross-play, and if that happens no one will take them seriously. They need to fix the technical issues (sli, vsync, etc), they have to manage their content well and tailor it to the PC user base, not try and fit us into their definition of how they want their business to work. You cater to your customers, you don't try and force them down a narrow path with a lot of provisions, people will just skip your product and shop elsewhere. I have some hope they've learned based on their prior failures, but you never know.

Quantum Break's live action cut scenes needs an internet connection

Remedy has confirmed that the live-action episodes that play following each act of the game will stream to your Xbox One or Windows 10 PC remotely when the game launches in April...when asked if an option will exist for those wanting to download it, Louden says that it will only be offered on the Xbox One version, but the Windows 10 version does feature 4K resolution, making the video size all the more substantial...

Quantum Break's Live-Action Episodes Are Streamed To Save Hard Drive And Disc Space

I will be re-configuring my current 2500K system to an ITX build. I will take this time to load a fresh copy of windows 10. Looking forward to alot of these so called xbox one only titles coming to windows 10. Glad I have the PS4 vs xbox1

Sounds like the TV episodes are going to be kinda corny, if not jarring in terms of immersion. Hopefully the gameplay makes up for it.

interrupting gameplay for 20 minutes is a terrible design decision...I thought they were exaggerating but it's seriously 20 minutes?...gamers play games to play the game not watch a TV episode within a game...I can't see people walking away or going for a bathroom break either during that time...3-4 minute videos I can understand but if they force you to sit through 20 minutes it'll be an instant fail...this is not Metal Gear Solid

All that as well, even with MGS I struggle to sit through some of the painfully long cut scenes.

Reviews are all over the place. Some like the TV thing; some didn't get it.

Quantum Break's live action cut scenes needs an internet connection

Remedy has confirmed that the live-action episodes that play following each act of the game will stream to your Xbox One or Windows 10 PC remotely when the game launches in April...when asked if an option will exist for those wanting to download it, Louden says that it will only be offered on the Xbox One version, but the Windows 10 version does feature 4K resolution, making the video size all the more substantial...

Quantum Break's Live-Action Episodes Are Streamed To Save Hard Drive And Disc Space

What about those (like myself) stuck on a very poor internet connection? I guess this game just isn't for me.

Back