Quantum Break

I don't get the nerd rage over exclusives. It really doesn't matter to me what platform someone gets to play a game on, I prefer to have a good game. if the game is good, why should I be concerned that people might get to experience it on their platform of choice and not just mine?

xpMhyd6.png

People are so petty. Just because you pay for an XBL subscription does not mean that games should not be cross-platform. That is just dumb.

Why even bother buying an Xbox One at this point, when every exclusive it gets goes to PC?...seems like MS has all but conceded this generation of consoles to Sony

I would for Halo 5 kinda saving up for one with my Bing Reward points. Going to take a year or more though =)

Looks like Remedy has updated the recommended requirements. 390/970 is now recommended instead of FX/980 ti. The CPU was switched to the i5 4690 and VRAM went down to 4GB. The former recommendations have been put under an "Ultra" label.

See PC gamers getting all worked up over nothing. Nothing new there :D

is Quantum Break a multiplayer game?...then what's the guy's point about paying to play MP on Xbox?...or I guess he's talking in general terms...he actually has a point about that as I hate that I have to pay extra to play MP on my PS4...over time that adds up to where a low budget PC makes more sense...why consoles charge extra for MP on top of the games costing more up front makes a PC the smarter choice all around

as far as the updated Recommended specs it's like I said on the first page of this thread, the specs are bogus and just a way to get people to upgrade to W10 thinking that the graphics are going to be something amazing...from the trailers I've seen the game does not look like a hardware killer

as far as the updated Recommended specs it's like I said on the first page of this thread, the specs are bogus and just a way to get people to upgrade to W10 thinking that the graphics are going to be something amazing...from the trailers I've seen the game does not look like a hardware killer

This is the case for anything and everything. Here's something the new stuff does that the old stuff doesn't so upgrade. Hardly an insightful point.

This is the case for anything and everything. Here's something the new stuff does that the old stuff doesn't so upgrade. Hardly an insightful point.

yes, because all of your posts are so insightful...that was sarcasm by the way...why you feel the need to respond to each and every post someone makes that even hints at a negative opinion to Windows 10 baffles me...literally every one, or if I'm being generous 98% of them...and then you wonder why so many people think you're an MS employee or shill...nobody can be so supportive of a product that they want to respond to everyone on an internet forum but you do...I think in the beginning you were just a fan of Windows 8/10 but then as you slowly got a rep for being a staunch MS defender you feel its now become your schtick and you have to continue to perform...problem is you've become more of a parody now then an actual performer

and like I stated in an earlier thread...you like to hedge your bets...Windows 8 was the greatest according to you...until Windows 10 came out...now it's the greatest and you are criticizing Windows 8 more...when the next Windows version/build comes out you'll hedge again and backtrack and start to criticize it and support the new OS...again, part of your schtick

is Quantum Break a multiplayer game?...then what's the guy's point about paying to play MP on Xbox?...or I guess he's talking in general terms...he actually has a point about that as I hate that I have to pay extra to play MP on my PS4...over time that adds up to where a low budget PC makes more sense...why consoles charge extra for MP on top of the games costing more up front makes a PC the smarter choice all around

Console gamers only have themselves to blame, there is absolutely no reason why MP should be gated behind a paywall, but instead of voting with their wallets they bent over for Microsoft. Sony tried to capitalise on this with the PS3 by not charging for MP, but then decided to get in on the gravy train.....probably because offering it for free didn't cause any mass migration of Xbox owners.

Remember, MS tried to do the same with GFWL which of course failed miserably because there was no way anyone with a PC was going to be stupid enough to pay MS for the privilege of using their own internet connection.

Last edited:
yes, because all of your posts are so insightful...that was sarcasm by the way...why you feel the need to respond to each and every post someone makes that even hints at a negative opinion to Windows 10 baffles me...literally every one, or if I'm being generous 98% of them...and then you wonder why so many people think you're an MS employee or shill...nobody can be so supportive of a product that they want to respond to everyone on an internet forum but you do...I think in the beginning you were just a fan of Windows 8/10 but then as you slowly got a rep for being a staunch MS defender you feel its now become your schtick and you have to continue to perform...problem is you've become more of a parody now then an actual performer

and like I stated in an earlier thread...you like to hedge your bets...Windows 8 was the greatest according to you...until Windows 10 came out...now it's the greatest and you are criticizing Windows 8 more...when the next Windows version/build comes out you'll hedge again and backtrack and start to criticize it and support the new OS...again, part of your schtick

This is just people expressing opinions, nothing more. I'm fascinated by this Windows 10 privacy thing because everyday you and I and pretty much everyone on this forum and everywhere else sees people glued to a device tracking their every shit. Yet somehow Windows 10 is this incredibly invasive thing that Microsoft hiding all aspects of its data collection processes when they are the best documented in the industry.

Whatever problems Microsoft has, there's at least equal amount of disinformation, dishonesty and ignorance coming from the other side. How the fuck is Microsoft selling telemetry data that's pretty much worthless when you can buy complete identities for like $5 bucks online these days? For a company that's many more and more money from its cloud business?

Just a lot of stuff that's said that's just disconnected from reality. And again, none of what I'm saying here doesn't mean that Microsoft shouldn't make you happy. But no one is ever going to make a billion people happy. Just being real about it.

Didn't Microsoft push the same privacy stuff everyone is worried about to Win7 and 8 after Windows 10 came out anyway?

People are so stupid....gotta commend Phil Spencer for that responses though, instead of explaining it away with some marketing type excuse bs, his response does well to point out the stupidity of the kid's logic.

Kind of disappointing to hear it's Windows store exclusive on PC, but I'm not surprised. Hopefully it doesn't see any of the issues and limitations Rise of the Tomb Raider did on that storefront.

Kind of disappointing to hear it's Windows store exclusive on PC, but I'm not surprised. Hopefully it doesn't see any of the issues and limitations Rise of the Tomb Raider did on that storefront.

What issues do you mean for the Windows Store version of ROTR?

Not sure if they're still an issue since I have the Steam version, but there were problems with SLI, no exclusive full screen support, and overlays not working.

I have the Windows 10 version, there was a problem with SLI but there's a way to add the profile manually. I'd heard about the exclusive full screen support but not really sure that that was about as I'd never seen the problem, there's a full screen option in the game.

I have the Windows 10 version, there was a problem with SLI but there's a way to add the profile manually. I'd heard about the exclusive full screen support but not really sure that that was about as I'd never seen the problem, there's a full screen option in the game.

Although maybe not huge issues, they're still unfortunate flaws that shouldn't exist solely due to the storefront used. Hopefully they get things sorted out moving forward though.

Although maybe not huge issues, they're still unfortunate flaws that shouldn't exist solely due to the storefront used. Hopefully they get things sorted out moving forward though.

It's more than just the store front, the Steam version is a Win32 app and the Windows Store version is a universal app. Subtle differences but differences.

like it wasn't obvious from the beginning...just another underhanded/shady move by Microsoft trying to force/push/coerce people into Windows 10...

like it wasn't obvious from the beginning...just another underhanded/shady move by Microsoft trying to force/push/coerce people into Windows 10...

What exactly is shady about it or has anything at all to do with pushing people to Win10? It's a DX12 game. You can't play it on anything but 10.

I dont think it has any bearing. Gamers that are looking forward to DX12 games have already taken the free upgrade to Win 10 or were planning to soon.

What exactly is shady about it or has anything at all to do with pushing people to Win10? It's a DX12 game. You can't play it on anything but 10.

I meant the whole thing with Quantum being announced for PC at the very last minute (Xbox owners have a legit beef) and it being a W10 exclusive...MS knew from the very beginning that a PC version was coming out yet they held back on announcing it to create value and sales for the Xbone

I meant the whole thing with Quantum being announced for PC at the very last minute (Xbox owners have a legit beef) and it being a W10 exclusive...MS knew from the very beginning that a PC version was coming out yet they held back on announcing it to create value and sales for the Xbone

That isn't shady though. It's marketing weirdness. PR departments try to decide what the ideal time, place, and way to reveal any bit of information. It's kind of dumb, but not shady.

As for being a Win10 exclusive. Once again: It's a DX12 title. Why the heck wouldn't MS release DX12 games? It seems incredibly stupid not to support it.

Xbox owners have a legitimate beef about what exactly? The game doesn't come out for another two months, that's not last minute. Even if it were there's nothing about the Xbox game that changes except that if you happen to have an Xbone and Windows 10 machine you can now play the game on two different platforms that allow for moving between the platforms for the same money.

It would be like a Windows user being pissed about a game becoming available on Linux two months before launch. So what? Why give a fuck?

That isn't shady though. It's marketing weirdness. PR departments try to decide what the ideal time, place, and way to reveal any bit of information. It's kind of dumb, but not shady.

As for being a Win10 exclusive. Once again: It's a DX12 title. Why the heck wouldn't MS release DX12 games? It seems incredibly stupid not to support it.

I think it's marketing genius to tie the Windows ecosystem and the XBOX One ecosystem together. If you have a Windows account then you have XBOX Live built into your system anyways regardless of ownership of a console. I just see it as buying a PC game and getting a XBOX One copy of Quantum Break, Alan Wake, and Alan Wake American Nightmare for free. I may never own a XBOX. What harm does it do to have access to those copies? It's not like they charged me extra for those digital copies.

Simple fact is that if you're going to play DX12 exclusive games, then you will need Windows 10. DX12 isn't coming to Windows 7, today, tomorrow, or a year from now. Stick a fork in it; Win 7 is done. Getting everyone on the same OS will save MS millions on redundant jobs. I think it's a great idea. It's what I would do if I ran the company.

If it's so bad to have everyone on the same OS then just look at Apple. They regularly update people to the new OS and their customers are like:

Magical! Inspiring! Special! Awesome! Apple is love! Steve Jobs! Woohoo!

Maybe MS wants some of that fandom. :)

I think it's marketing genius to tie the Windows ecosystem and the XBOX One ecosystem together. If you have a Windows account then you have XBOX Live built into your system anyways regardless of ownership of a console. I just see it as buying a PC game and getting a XBOX One copy of Quantum Break, Alan Wake, and Alan Wake American Nightmare for free. I may never own a XBOX. What harm does it do to have access to those copies? It's not like they charged me extra for those digital copies.

Simple fact is that if you're going to play DX12 exclusive games, then you will need Windows 10. DX12 isn't coming to Windows 7, today, tomorrow, or a year from now. Stick a fork in it; Win 7 is done. Getting everyone on the same OS will save MS millions on redundant jobs. I think it's a great idea. It's what I would do if I ran the company.

If it's so bad to have everyone on the same OS then just look at Apple. They regularly update people to the new OS and their customers are like:

Magical! Inspiring! Special! Awesome! Apple is love! Steve Jobs! Woohoo!

Maybe MS wants some of that fandom. :)

I agree that it's a fantastic marketing decision as well, and locking in substantial features such as DX12 to the new OS is definitely one of the best ways they'll get users to make the jump (the free upgrade help as well).

Xbox owners have a legitimate beef about what exactly? The game doesn't come out for another two months, that's not last minute. Even if it were there's nothing about the Xbox game that changes except that if you happen to have an Xbone and Windows 10 machine you can now play the game on two different platforms that allow for moving between the platforms for the same money.

It would be like a Windows user being pissed about a game becoming available on Linux two months before launch. So what? Why give a fuck?

in the game-world less then 2 months is very last minute...my main point was that MS always stated that Quantum would be an Xbone exclusive from the time it was announced until just now...they knew all along that it was coming to PC but misled Xbox owners...at least with Rise of the Tomb Raider they were more forthcoming and always stated that it would be a timed exclusive...with Quantum Break they lied trying to get more sales for their console...people buy consoles for the exclusives and not for the multi-platform games...you can call it marketing or whatever you want to justify it but it doesn't make it right

in the game-world less then 2 months is very last minute...my main point was that MS always stated that Quantum would be an Xbone exclusive from the time it was announced until just now...they knew all along that it was coming to PC but misled Xbox owners...at least with Rise of the Tomb Raider they were more forthcoming and always stated that it would be a timed exclusive...with Quantum Break they lied trying to get more sales for their console...people buy consoles for the exclusives and not for the multi-platform games...you can call it marketing or whatever you want to justify it but it doesn't make it right

MS and SE both got hounded and attacked over the Rise deal. They had to say something. Did anyone even ask about Quantum Break? Since the game was announced it seems like everyone just assumed it would come to the PC eventually. I haven't seen any real sense of surprise at the announcement from the PC side of things.

MS and SE both got hounded and attacked over the Rise deal. They had to say something. Did anyone even ask about Quantum Break? Since the game was announced it seems like everyone just assumed it would come to the PC eventually. I haven't seen any real sense of surprise at the announcement from the PC side of things.

I never saw anything about a PC release and there was a lot of surprise online...or at least not coming on the same day as Xbone...maybe they would pull an Alan Wake and release it 18 months later...no one said anything about Quantum compared to Tomb Raider because Tomb previously came to PC and this is a new ip which most believed would be Microsoft's version of Uncharted in terms of big exclusives

So people who bought an Xbone two months in advance to play just this one game are feeling jilted because they can now play the game on a Windows 10 PC? And not just any Windows 10 PC, but one that costs a pretty nice piece of change if the PC spec lists are accurate. That just doesn't make a lot of sense.

Well one of the head honchos at MS said that they would listen to feedback and try to integrate the XBOX One into the Windows ecosystem better. I could have sworn that they said they were going to release a lot more XBOX One games onto the PC. The one license and play it where you want thing is new to me though; as the last I heard we were going to be able to simply stream XBOX One games to the PC. Like the Steam Link does.

And to be truthful, why would someone buy a XBOX One months in advance for a game? I thought that when a blockbuster is coming out you buy the discounted game + console machine package. Stop buying stuff in advance! j/k :)

So people who bought an Xbone two months in advance to play just this one game are feeling jilted because they can now play the game on a Windows 10 PC? And not just any Windows 10 PC, but one that costs a pretty nice piece of change if the PC spec lists are accurate. That just doesn't make a lot of sense.

you're not getting it...the people who bought an Xbox for this game don't all own high end PC's or any gaming PC at all so the Windows 10 free giveaway means nothing to them...the markets are different...you think everyone owns both a console and a gaming PC?...I bought my first console in 2015 to play Bloodborne...if it eventually came to PC of course I would be a bit disappointed but I knew I could trust Sony because of their history that an exclusive means something with them- Demon's Souls, Uncharted series, Last of Us etc...I have no worries that Last Guardian, Zero Dawn or any of the other big PS4 exclusives will ever be available on any other platform

you're not getting it...the people who bought an Xbox for this game don't all own high end PC's or any gaming PC at all so the Windows 10 free giveaway means nothing to them...the markets are different...you think everyone owns both a console and a gaming PC?...I bought my first console in 2015 to play Bloodborne...if it eventually came to PC of course I would be pissed but I knew I could trust Sony because of their history that an exclusive means something with them- Demon's Souls, Uncharted series, Last of Us etc...I have no worries that Last Guardian, Zero Dawn or any of the other big PS4 exclusives will ever be available on any other platform

So...Why the hell does it matter if it's being released on the PC if those people don't have gaming PCs in the first place? It's not like MS is releasing it on the WiiU or PS4.

Back