Quantum Break

Blade-Runner

Supreme [H]ardness
QuantumBreakPCundXboxVersionerscheinengleichzeitigGameStar.png

Apparently Gamestar published too early and pulled the article, there is a Remedy reveal event happening soon so official confirmation should hopefully be forthcoming.

I really hope this becomes a cross-buy title. I would like to ability to play this on my PC and XB1 without having to buy it twice.

I really hope this becomes a cross-buy title. I would like to ability to play this on my PC and XB1 without having to buy it twice.

Hell yeah.

WHAT IS THE SPECIAL PRE-ORDER OFFER ON “QUANTUM BREAK?”

For a limited time, anyone who pre-orders the digital version of “Quantum Break” for Xbox One through the Xbox Store will receive the Windows 10 version of the game for free, downloadable at the Windows Store via redemption code. The pre-order offer also applies for those who redeem a digital code purchased from participating retailers or from the Xbox One Special Edition Quantum Break Bundle by April 4th, 2016.

Lets hope that means it actually takes advantage of PC hardware rather than being an unoptimised turd.

The recommend requirements for the game are bloody insane.

Yeah I know. I preordered for the Xbox One now since you get the PC version free. That way if my HTPC or main rig can't handle it I atleast have the Xbox One version.

Very interesting. So out of no where comes the first DX 12 game available only through the Windows Store that comes free with the Xbox version. And when you think Microsoft can't be clever.

980ti recommended...All I have to say is there better be some crazy settings for them to recommend the best gpu you can buy (for all intents and purposes).

Edit: Either that or the recommended specs better be for a much higher resolution. If we're still talking 1080p, it doesn't add up considering the Xbone is supposedly running the game at that resolution. A 980ti is something like 5x faster than what the Xbone is using.

Last edited:
It would seem as though MS is using the carrot of a free AAA game to entice more PC gamers over to Win10.
A 980ti is something like 5x faster than what the Xbone is using.
You can't compare console hardware to PC hardware though. Way different OS environments and API overhead.

It would seem as though MS is using the carrot of a free AAA game to entice more PC gamers over to Win10.You can't compare console hardware to PC hardware though. Way different OS environments and API overhead.
But the game isn't free :confused:.

Lets hope that means it actually takes advantage of PC hardware rather than being an unoptimised turd.

It would be the first time Remedy put a foot wrong in that department if it was. The PC Version of Alan Wake and American Nightmare both ran and played great. They even had a Mouse optimized aiming mode that you could turn on if you weren't using a controller (basically just direct input instead of controller designed acceleration and momentum).

It would seem as though MS is using the carrot of a free AAA game to entice more PC gamers over to Win10.You can't compare console hardware to PC hardware though. Way different OS environments and API overhead.

So we cant compare hardware because of software differences? That's rubbish, sure we can!

So we cant compare hardware because of software differences? That's rubbish, sure we can!

Technically, he's correct since you can usually get more out of a console gpu than a pc gpu due to lower overhead and whatnot. In this case though, my point still stands since the 980ti is so much more powerful than the Xbone. Even taking lower overhead into account, we're still talking a massive gap between the two gpus.

Yes, digital purchases will be tied to your Xbox/Microsoft account. You won't be able to trade or sell it.

From the Quantum Break site.

HOW WILL I RECEIVE THE WINDOWS 10 CODE? HOW DO I ACTIVATE IT?

After you pre-order a digital copy of “Quantum Break” for Xbox One through the Xbox Store, you will receive a system message over Xbox Live that includes a 5x5 redemption code for the Windows 10 version of the game. Codes will be issued shortly after launch.

So you could trade or sell the code if someone wanted to

So there isn't a way to buy this game other than the Windows Store? Wish my CC worked in India...

So there isn't a way to buy this game other than the Windows Store? Wish my CC worked in India...

This is from the quantum break site

HOW DO I GET THE WINDOWS 10 VERSION OF THE GAME FOR FREE?

Starting February 11, anyone who pre-orders the digital version of “Quantum Break” for Xbox One through the Xbox Store will receive the Windows 10 version of the game for free, downloadable at the Windows Store via redemption code. The pre-order offer also applies for those who redeem a digital code purchased from participating retailers or from the Xbox One Special Edition Quantum Break Bundle by April 5, 2016.

Why even bother buying an Xbox One at this point, when every exclusive it gets goes to PC?...seems like MS has all but conceded this generation of consoles to Sony

Why even bother buying an Xbox One at this point, when every exclusive it gets goes to PC?...seems like MS has all but conceded this generation of consoles to Sony

Looking at the recommended specs and you need a helluva PC to get the most out of the game. So a lot of people will just get a XBOX One. Either way MS wins as the game will ONLY run on Windows 10 or XBOX One. If anything this promotes purchasing a XBOX One as a living room PC with the integration. It might be the ultimate Steam Machine without having to install Linux.

Looking at the recommended specs and you need a helluva PC to get the most out of the game. So a lot of people will just get a XBOX One. Either way MS wins as the game will ONLY run on Windows 10 or XBOX One. If anything this promotes purchasing a XBOX One as a living room PC with the integration.

something tells me those 'recommended specs' are BS...a 980Ti??...seriously?...reminds me of when Alan Wake was first announced as a Vista exclusive and came out with these crazy recommended specs requiring a quad core machine etc...just another marketing attempt by MS trying to get people to buy into the hype that Windows 10 will zomg change gaming forever and you must upgrade to W10 to experience it for yourself

No, I think that this game is probably designed for the next generation of video cards. Think about it. Nvidia doesn't do ASYNC well. Let's say that Nvidia needs to do the usual brute force technique when you don't have all the tools to run something. The Fury X has all the tools, but it was built to fight a regular 980; Nvidia surprised AMD with the 980ti. So it makes sense that a 980 equivalent would be the recommended spec and the Nvidia equivalent would be greater as it has to brute force it.

I think AMD said that their new Polaris cards are scheduled to come out in time for the Back to School period. Since the game comes out in April it would be the perfect promotional tool for those cards and new PC purchases featuring Windows 10. Toss in a FREE XBOX One with every Dell PC featuring Windows 10 purchase and you have your XBOX One penetration also.

No, I think that this game is probably designed for the next generation of video cards. Think about it. Nvidia doesn't do ASYNC well. Let's say that Nvidia needs to do the usual brute force technique when you don't have all the tools to run something. The Fury X has all the tools, but it was built to fight a regular 980; Nvidia surprised AMD with the 980ti. So it makes sense that a 980 equivalent would be the recommended spec and the Nvidia equivalent would be greater as it has to brute force it.

I think AMD said that their new Polaris cards are scheduled to come out in time for the Back to School period. Since the game comes out in April it would be the perfect promotional tool for those cards and new PC purchases featuring Windows 10. Toss in a FREE XBOX One with every Dell PC featuring Windows 10 purchase and you have your XBOX One penetration also.

PC gamers say that every time a major new game is announced...and more often then not they come away disappointed...I just don't see Quantum Break being this generations' Crysis

PC Gamers should know by now minimum and recommend specs mean nothing.

PC gamers say that every time a major new game is announced...and more often then not they come away disappointed...I just don't see Quantum Break being this generations' Crysis

Don't know. I do know that Remedy entertainment is a special developer that created one of the most atmospheric game worlds that I have ever played in. So if anyone has the chops to handle a great game and engine; I would trust them.

I haven't really been keeping up with this game, but I will say that after watching the previews, it looks impressive. They used real actors (recognized the guy from the Following, the CEO guy, and the Fringe guy) and it's being called Max Payne with time-travelesque abilities.

How does it work when buying Xbox One games from the MS online store? Could I pre-order this, and then sell the Xbone key whilst keeping the PC key, or is the Xbone purchase automatically tied to my MS account?

Looks like Remedy has updated the recommended requirements. 390/970 is now recommended instead of FX/980 ti. The CPU was switched to the i5 4690 and VRAM went down to 4GB. The former recommendations have been put under an "Ultra" label.

Looks like Remedy has updated the recommended requirements. 390/970 is now recommended instead of FX/980 ti. The CPU was switched to the i5 4690 and VRAM went down to 4GB. The former recommendations have been put under an "Ultra" label.
It's sad that they have to do this because people fail to understand recommendations. I have always lived under the assumption that recommended specs are for turning all the options up to max, and minimum are for turning everything to lowest.

Back