Quantum Break Fix Update

HardOCP News

[H] News
The development team at Remedy Entertainment has posted an update on their plans for much needed fixes for the Windows 10 version of Quantum Break. The company says it is diligently working on a fix but stopped short of giving an exact date when it would be ready.

We are aware that some players are facing issues with the Windows 10 version of Quantum Break and some extent on Xbox One. We want to let you know that we are working diligently with Microsoft Studios on addressing all the feedback; below are the things we know about today that are being worked on. We want to thank our fans again for all their continued support for Remedy and apologize for any problems you have faced playing Quantum Break. We are paying close attention to forums and the discussion online about Quantum Break and are doing our best to solve the issues you are experiencing.

We want to thank the sheep for giving us a front-loaded loan so we can finish the game with no further commitment.

FTFY.

Apparently mGPU is "out of scope" for the game...wtf.

"Does Quantum Break support SLI or other multi-GPU solutions?
Quantum Break on Windows 10 unfortunately doesn’t support DirectX12 multi-GPU rendering. Due to the engine architecture, the work needed to support multiple GPUs would have been significant and out of scope for Remedy for Quantum Break."

Apparently mGPU is "out of scope" for the game...wtf.

"Does Quantum Break support SLI or other multi-GPU solutions?
Quantum Break on Windows 10 unfortunately doesn’t support DirectX12 multi-GPU rendering. Due to the engine architecture, the work needed to support multiple GPUs would have been significant and out of scope for Remedy for Quantum Break."

Makes sense, this being a console port and neither AMD or nvidia having a marketing agreement with Microsoft on this game there is no incentive to add in mgpu. Also the developers would probably need training to implement it if they never did it before.

I had hopes for this game, I like the concept and it looks great. Hope it is good.

I'm not making excuses for them, but it's not like multi-GPU being hosed is anything new. As lame as it is, multi-GPU has been a glorified beta since the 3dfx days.

I see Quantum Break Xbox one bundles on sale for $279.99 already a week after launch, think this game is going to be a financial failure for Microsoft. From what I heard the combat has no depth to it, I see the PC codes being sold all over for $15-20 which is laughable for a triple A title just recently released last week.

I see Quantum Break Xbox one bundles on sale for $279.99 already a week after launch, think this game is going to be a financial failure for Microsoft. From what I heard the combat has no depth to it, I see the PC codes being sold all over for $15-20 which is laughable for a triple A title just recently released last week.

Not really, they have been having game bundles at sale prices for quite a while now. Could be also, that they are taking a hit on the console itself which is what folks have been asking for anyways for the longest time.

Out of scope... wow. First Batman Arkham Knight, now Quantum Break. Middle Finger to SLi users. Well if they could at least let the game run fine for single card users then we'll have something :) I have to say I'm very dissappointed in Remedy. Shame it's a very good game.

Out of scope... wow. First Batman Arkham Knight, now Quantum Break. Middle Finger to SLi users.

you would think that the users that spend the most would get ensured compatabillity, wether from nvidia,amd or the game developers. The users went and spent so much money to have a better experience...

The message consumers are getting is "don't buy two gpus" You got it nvidia/amd! more money for me.

I wish they would fix 21:9. Currently I cannot select my native resolution and it stretches the 1920x1080 if selected. Thankfully I have my 16:9 monitor, but I'd like to check out the game in in ultrawide. You'd think for newly released games 21:9 would no longer be an issue....this is 2016 right?

I wish they would fix 21:9. Currently I cannot select my native resolution and it stretches the 1920x1080 if selected. Thankfully I have my 16:9 monitor, but I'd like to check out the game in in ultrawide. You'd think for newly released games 21:9 would no longer be an issue....this is 2016 right?

I respect your want to have the aspect ratio fixed. I wish they would fix the way the game feels. Running at 50 fps at best, with terrible microstutter is the biggest issue IMO. For anyone that hasn't seen this you should check out this video posted on youtube with a in depth analysis of what went wrong with Quantum Break PC

Seems Tim Sweeny and many others worries about UWP weren't all that far off. So far all the UWP games seem to be a complete Sh!t Show on PC. I wont touch those UWP games until they are feature to feature identical to what Steam would be able to offer. Which is sad because I really cannot wait to play Forza on PC.

Last edited:
I'm not making excuses for them, but it's not like multi-GPU being hosed is anything new. As lame as it is, multi-GPU has been a glorified beta since the 3dfx days.

I totally understand that...but with most "big" releases you can have a reasonable expectation that SLI/CFX will work wtihin the first 120 days of release. I used to be a 4-way, 3-way guy but I learned my lesson. 2-way only now.

It's just crazy to me that the said outright no at this point and not even - "we're working on it".

My philosophy has always been to buy the best single card option I can afford. If a game can't run at 60fps with my hardware, lower the details 'til it can.
I'm still convinced that multi-card truly is just a giant beta. Yes, it does work like 90% of the time...but it's quirky and they can always declare it unsupported and walk away at any point.
More and more, game makers are starting to do that without even trying.

you would think that the users that spend the most would get ensured compatabillity, wether from nvidia,amd or the game developers. The users went and spent so much money to have a better experience...

The message consumers are getting is "don't buy two gpus" You got it nvidia/amd! more money for me.

There has never been a point where m-GPU was not a hassle in some way or another. Either driver or game support has always been a pain in the ass, sometimes both. AMD and Nvidia can't force every single developer to support it, it's simply not worth the kind of money they would have to spend to do that. It's also highly likely simply not worth the money for some developers to go back and rework their engine to make it work properly. It sucks, big time, but that's always been the price you pay for SLI or Crossfire.

I dunno, I thought this title was supposed to be a showcast title for Win10 and UWA (or whatever acronym it is). Releasing a product this unfinished and glitchy is pretty terrible. And mGPU being outside the scope for this project? If MS was serious about PC gaming and wanted this title as a showpiece for their platform, they should've went and made sure mGPU support was within the scope of this project.

First generation CrossFire has been out since September, 2005. Modern nVidia SLI has been out since 2004. It's a decade-old technology that they (and a lot of other game devs) still can't support?

What the hell is going on?

It's also highly likely simply not worth the money for some developers to go back and rework their engine to make it work properly.

You're talking like SLI/crossfire are brand new.

This is a DX12 game, they are ready for new things, but not things that are a decade old? It's just that they didn't want to support it, they never set out to.

You're talking like SLI/crossfire are brand new.

This is a DX12 game, they are ready for new things, but not things that are a decade old? It's just that they didn't want to support it, they never set out to.

It's also a game designed primarily for consoles. Despite the platform growing, we still get treated like a proverbial red-headed step child.

There has never been a point where m-GPU was not a hassle in some way or another. Either driver or game support has always been a pain in the ass, sometimes both. AMD and Nvidia can't force every single developer to support it, it's simply not worth the kind of money they would have to spend to do that. It's also highly likely simply not worth the money for some developers to go back and rework their engine to make it work properly. It sucks, big time, but that's always been the price you pay for SLI or Crossfire.
Can you walk me through why developers would have a frame cap of 50fps (or rather 5/6 of whatever your refresh rate is), or why they can't get vsync working properly at 30fps without stuttering because of uneven frames? I mean we've had vsync working in games almost 20 years now huh?

Can you walk me through why developers would have a frame cap of 50fps (or rather 5/6 of whatever your refresh rate is), or why they can't get vsync working properly at 30fps without stuttering because of uneven frames? I mean we've had vsync working in games almost 20 years now huh?

If you're talking about this game: vsync is an issue with UWP. There is absolutely nothing developers can do about it until May when support is added. If you mean other game. *Shrugs* Lazyness? Lack of time? Lack of care? Not thinking about it for some reason? Take your pick.

If you're talking about this game: vsync is an issue with UWP. There is absolutely nothing developers can do about it until May when support is added. If you mean other game. *Shrugs* Lazyness? Lack of time? Lack of care? Not thinking about it for some reason? Take your pick.
Well I doubt it's laziness, since I don't know of a scenario where capping the framerate at 50fps makes things easier. All I can say is this game and UWP sure seem to have a lot of "not thinking about it for some reason."

First generation CrossFire has been out since September, 2005. Modern nVidia SLI has been out since 2004. It's a decade-old technology that they (and a lot of other game devs) still can't support?

What the hell is going on?

Multi-card support CF/sli was never part of DX11 and under APIs. Think of it more as an API hack to get it working in the first place done mostly by IHVs and a select few developers who bothered to learn about it.

Now it's officially part of the DX12 API, but still very, very few people know how to use it properly yet.

Maybe it's just MS blowing rainbows up our asses, but several devs are claiming that the summer Win 10 update will fix several major headaches with UWP. Vsync and Gsync quirks, multi-GPU, different window types, etc.
I can't imagine anything being night/day better, but it should at least help.

Maybe it's just MS blowing rainbows up our asses, but several devs are claiming that the summer Win 10 update will fix several major headaches with UWP. Vsync and Gsync quirks, multi-GPU, different window types, etc.
I can't imagine anything being night/day better, but it should at least help.

Multi-GPU was never blocked by UWP. It's just up to developers to support it. Microsoft announced that exclusive fullscreen, vsync, g-sync, and freesync support are all coming in May. It was announced I want to say at the Build Conference last month. They also said that support for overlays won't be too hard for them to enable and that they're working on a solution for mod support. That doesn't solve all of the issues with UW games but it is, at least, a decent chunk of them.

Multi-GPU was never blocked by UWP. It's just up to developers to support it. Microsoft announced that exclusive fullscreen, vsync, g-sync, and freesync support are all coming in May. It was announced I want to say at the Build Conference last month. They also said that support for overlays won't be too hard for them to enable and that they're working on a solution for mod support. That doesn't solve all of the issues with UW games but it is, at least, a decent chunk of them.

It looks like all of the issues with UWA besides those related to sandboxing should be resolved by the Anniversary Update.

Back