• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

quality receiver/ dual sub system for dubstep?

Joined
Nov 18, 2011
Messages
1
I want a sound system that can play dubstep the way its supposed to sound.
I have a gigaworks s750 thats worked just fine for the last 5 years, but the sub is starting to fail when I turn it up loud... I'm going to replace it with a different sub, but that means getting a receiver since the satellite speakers all connect to the woofer...
a couple questions:
why put any $ into getting a quality receiver? is getting a <$100 old receiver off of craigslist going to hurt me in any noticeable way? If so, help me choose between these http:///74urum8
Also: Since I'm replacing this anyway, I'm thinking about upgrading: are there mid-low and low-low subs so that I could set up a dual sub system? For instance, where one sub is best at picking up 20 Hz to 100 Hz and the other is 100 to 300? does that sort of system exist?
Consider http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M-jOZRe0-8 for instance. It seems like my woofer isn't picking up all of the right frequencies. The drop at 4:08 in that song is barely being picked up, where as the sustained note from 4:10 to 4:13 is perfectly within the range. The specs of the s750 say that the woofer goes as low as 25 Hz so unless this is in the 20-25 range, I don't know what the problem is.
If this kind of setup has been done, any suggestions?
spade.gif
 
While the sub may go down to 25hz I'm going to guess output down that low is sub-par.

If you use the satellites from the s750 then getting a cheaper receiver shouldn't hurt that much, however it could hurt you if you wish to upgrade in the future. BTW your 1st link doesn't work.

I listened to an mp3 of Timestretch that I have. I'm not an audiophile but both my sub and heaphone appear to be playing all the notes. Specs wise the sub claims to go down to 21hz and the heaphones 20hz. Also that Youtube stream is pretty low quality.

You can probably run a tiered sub/mid-bass combo but to do it properly won't be that cheap. HSU Research actually makes a dedicated mid-bass module that is currently on sale but its still $499+shipping. http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/mbm-12mk2.html
 
I want a sound system that can play dubstep the way its supposed to sound.

That's like a heroin addict chasing the white dragon.

The way it is supposed to sound is subjective, but really, just turn off your EQ and buy everything with flat response curve.
 
Back
Top