• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Quality LCD for $200?

mybrainisawaffle

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
353
Currently, I use two 15in. CRT flatscreen moniters. But now that I have a decent videocard, I'm thinking about uprgrading to a LCD moniter. Problem is, I know next to nothing about them, and all the issues they can have. What I'm asking is, Can a 19in or 20in LCD of good quality be had for $200 or so? If not, what would $200 get me?
 
A lot of people use to have good remarks on the hyundai lcds which you can get a 19 inch for under 200. Have had one for like 6 months that I use for working on clients machines at the house. Been pretty happy with it but haven't used it but so much.
 
Currently, I use two 15in. CRT flatscreen moniters. But now that I have a decent videocard, I'm thinking about uprgrading to a LCD moniter. Problem is, I know next to nothing about them, and all the issues they can have. What I'm asking is, Can a 19in or 20in LCD of good quality be had for $200 or so? If not, what would $200 get me?

Do you want widescreen? If not, then a nice Dell 1900FP or 1800FP will fit the bill nicely.

Here is a refurbished Dell 1800FP for $130 AR.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2315888&CatId=170

They had the 1900FP about a month ago for $149 AR but they sold out of them. Their refurbs. have no problems at all and some just have very minor scratches on the plastic casing.
 
Back
Top