• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

quality lcd display arms under $100?

jwlam

n00b
Joined
Jun 12, 2005
Messages
39
That might be an oxymoron, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it. It's for a Dell 2005 fpw.

Thanks.
 
Do a search on the Ergotron Neo-flex. There are several posting threads about it, such as THIS ONE. I bought mine from Dell for about $90-$100, but you can find it cheaper ... I recommend geting the 2 piece one for the extra extension.
Here it is for the same price at TIGER DIRECT.
 
Pringals said:
Do a search on the Ergotron Neo-flex. There are several posting threads about it, such as THIS ONE. I bought mine from Dell for about $90-$100, but you can find it cheaper ... I recommend geting the 2 piece one for the extra extension.
Here it is for the same price at TIGER DIRECT.

Thanks Pringals. What is your experience with the arm? Does the arm lose its ability to hold up the lcd over time, in other words, how do the hinges hold up over time?

Also, what do you think of taping the wires down the arm? I know there isn't any better way of dealing w/ the wires, but it tends to lose its "clean" look a little.

Any other impressions or observations about the arm would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

jwlam
 
I have this one and it's pretty much brand new out of the box, I just opened it to see how it looks like. If you're interested, I'll sell it to you for $85USD shipped.
 
vat said:
I have this one and it's pretty much brand new out of the box, I just opened it to see how it looks like. If you're interested, I'll sell it to you for $85USD shipped.

Vat, do you have pictures? I might be interested.
 
jwlam said:
Thanks Pringals. What is your experience with the arm? Does the arm lose its ability to hold up the lcd over time, in other words, how do the hinges hold up over time?

Also, what do you think of taping the wires down the arm? I know there isn't any better way of dealing w/ the wires, but it tends to lose its "clean" look a little.

Any other impressions or observations about the arm would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

jwlam

I have 2 2005fpw's using 2 of these swing arms. One pretty much stays in it's place, the other one I swing and move out of the way quiite a bit. It's stiff and takes a little to swing it. The joints hold quite tight. The one I move a lot tends to need adjusting after a month or so using the included allan wrench. I've only had to do that once so far tho, so perhaps it just wasn't tight enough the first time around.

As far as cable managment, I recommend using slip ties rather than tape.

I am 100% happy with these and I highly recommed them.


Good Luck!
 
jwlam said:
Vat, do you have pictures? I might be interested.

Yeah, I'll post it up tonight if you want or maybe later on.

Edit: As promised, here it is.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Let me know if you have any questions.
 
Back
Top