Quality flat SATA cables?

SonicTron

Snopes is My Fact Checker
Joined
Mar 9, 2000
Messages
5,894
I need some cables that are flat on both ends, no 90 degree angles.

I've had a collection of flat cables I bought in bulk years ago, and they have all steadily died one by one.

Any suggestion on a good high end cable? It seems that "all work the same" doesn't really hold up in this segment of the market.
 
I always buy Supermicro cables that are made by amphenol. These are the best quality I can find and are VERY inexpensive on eBay.
 
I need some cables that are flat on both ends, no 90 degree angles.

I've had a collection of flat cables I bought in bulk years ago, and they have all steadily died one by one.

Any suggestion on a good high end cable? It seems that "all work the same" doesn't really hold up in this segment of the market.

How much bending of the cables did you do? I know with these flatter cables it can be easier to sever/short the connections inside
 
How much bending of the cables did you do? I know with these flatter cables it can be easier to sever/short the connections inside

They run a few curves and especially at the terminating ends (into tight spaces that dont allow for 90 degree curves) so they might be flexing out and failing over time
 
Back
Top