Quakecon 2014 July 17th

I haven't been out in 2 years. We tried in 2012, but we were on the very edge of the group that would get in, and only after EVERY other pre-paid group had come through, so we decided to just do a General Admission walk-through. The vendor area was WAY down from what I had seen in the past and I didn't feel like waiting around all day hoping for more people to show up, so we took off. It was pretty disappointing. I'd been going since 2005 or 2006. I didn't even try last year because I had a brand new 3 and a half month old son that was taking up all of my time and energy. Hopefully I'll be able to make it out in the next year or two.

I haven't been out in 2 years. We tried in 2012, but we were on the very edge of the group that would get in, and only after EVERY other pre-paid group had come through, so we decided to just do a General Admission walk-through. The vendor area was WAY down from what I had seen in the past and I didn't feel like waiting around all day hoping for more people to show up, so we took off. It was pretty disappointing. I'd been going since 2005 or 2006. I didn't even try last year because I had a brand new 3 and a half month old son that was taking up all of my time and energy. Hopefully I'll be able to make it out in the next year or two.

The vendor area was good last year. There were lots of people and things to do & a load of computer equipment being raffled off. The year before that, not so great.

Hoping this year will be good but with my luck it wont. Nerveless still looking forward to a nice big LAN party, have not been to one in 7 years that was more then say 40 people.

Hoping this year will be good but with my luck it wont. Nerveless still looking forward to a nice big LAN party, have not been to one in 7 years that was more then say 40 people.

i miss the days of the smaller lan where i knew everyone and we were all playing the same game yelling at each other and just having a good time. Those days are long gone though.

i miss the days of the smaller lan where i knew everyone and we were all playing the same game yelling at each other and just having a good time. Those days are long gone though.

yeah those were always fun, theres still one that happens near me every month or two, but not many if any people show up

Yeah same for me. MarylandLanGamers is the closet for me but sadly it only goes on maybe once or twice a year. With everyone having broadband and more and more games ditching LAN support the days of LAN parties are going away sadly...

Just wanted to see if anyone else on the boards are going? Compmage is going and is sitting next to me. Wanted to see if anyone is up for something outside the LAN during that weekend.

I am still planning to go, but money will be the deciding factor. my promotion got delayed a month :/

Me and my friends are still going, but dunno if I will be up for much outside of the con. Spending most of my money on bawls and such :p

Me and my friends are still going, but dunno if I will be up for much outside of the con. Spending most of my money on bawls and such :p

I would assume you are bringing your gaming laptop? I am which will make getting there 10 times easier.

Yeah, I might be bringing my monitor/keyboard combo just for a bigger screen/better keyboard, but haven't quite decided yet.

Sweet, thanks for that. Anyone up for some Payday 2 and Company of Hero's 2 action while there??

Food trucks are back btw in case you missed it.

I'll be there in my hardforum shirt the first day in case ya see me! ;)

Nice, let me try and find my [H] schwag to wear too. If not I will probably have FPS Russian T-shirt on.

Early start tomorrow for me, hitting the gym and then the airport. Should be in Dallas around 12-1pm. Hopefully will be able to check in around 3-4pm. I know my buddy Compmage who is sitting next to me is happy that I am only hauling my Alienware 17.

I'll be there as well with a group of my buddies. If I can scrounge up one of my [H] branded shirt's I'll make sure to wear it tomorrow.

Guys, please take some video footage of your Doom screenings / gameplay sessions please :D

Bethesda said game will only be shown to people attending the whole thing.

Packing up this morning and getting on my flight to Dallas. So you guys there this afternoon!

Guys, please take some video footage of your Doom screenings / gameplay sessions please :D

Yeah, and upload it via torrent because Zenimax will shitcan it on youtube etc. very quickly.

They definitely made good on that promise. Way to inspire (already floundering borderlining on flatlined) brand loyalty, guys.

They definitely made good on that promise. Way to inspire (already floundering borderlining on flatlined) brand loyalty, guys.

Indeed. I have no doubt they will release in the following days/weeks but yep, I was hoping for this to be nothing more than a way to gather more people on place. Fucking hate Zenimax

Flew back late last night. Was fun times, actually did not get as much gaming in as I thought as I had a chance to socialize with people and check out some of the exhibits.

yeah lots to do, between friends, events, and gaming just not enough time to soak it all in. Its like over in the blink of an eye.

Back