Quakecon 2005 announced! Whos going?

im going and im coming from Hawaii.. i hope the plane flight doesnt mess up any of my components. :D

runwithit said:
wish i could go... but i did go to summer cpl last year. the gaylord resort is quite a sight and site :) . the drive from indianapolis was a little too much though. i think i am going to stay close to home and go to millionmanlan.

still wish i could go though =/

Come on run, you should go with us. :-D

i'm going to try to go for the q2 tournament

dunno if i'll be able to make it...i'm still reserving a BYOC spot though

I'm #67...I was somehow able to get in and get my form submitted fast enough...now the server is being badly hammered worse than it was before

Still trying too, anyone got a link to the reg form?

Edit: Who's bright idea was it to use a P133 as the Quakecon server? :p

The site seems to go up and down...one second a page loads fine...next it doesn't work. I'm on cable - 2 of my friends (one with DSL and another with fixed wireless) said they can't get through. And another (with DSL) said he got through by hacking Mozilla's timeout setting.

1281 to reg...edit, they didn't tell me about the "www3" site and there are 3200 garunteed spots

I'm signed up as #243.
My girlfriend beat me! She's #221 (and signed up for Ms Quakecon!)

I signed up 4 other people from our LAN...and I know 3 more have signed up...(#64 and 123 respectively)

now it's jsut a matter of figuring out the logistics of how to get down there

To get the page to load, use www3 instead of www! Worked for me, I'm #2093! :D :D :D

saturnine2 said:
To get the page to load, use www3 instead of www! Worked for me, I'm #2093! :D :D :D
that got me to the main page, but isn't working on the registration page
edit: I got it

ender17,
Congratulations, you are now registered for QuakeCon 2005!

Here's a summary of your registration:
--------------------------------------
- You may bring a computer. A spot was reserved for you.
- You are not interested in volunteering. Should you change your mind, it is still possible to do so.

Be sure to check the QuakeCon news and the forums for more information!

Thanks for signing up and we will see you in August!

-The QuakeCon Organization.

InsaneBloodRage said:
I am going! I was #1491 and my friend got #1868.
Can we expect another [H]ard|OCP workshop?

[H] workshop is a tradition....

and anyone interested in a meet or helping me plan one PM me so I can get a general interest!

Im in #623...

Representing the HardMilitary Second year in a row...Yay...Now I just need to build a New system.

I'm in at 1373. I registered for the Doom 3 tourney as well. A coworker of mine, 5inistry, also made the cut.

CreamySoupUSA,

- You are not interested in volunteering. Should you change your mind, it is still possible to do so.

And that was only at 12:00 PST...

If my friends sign up tomorrow, they should be fine to get into the BYOC right?

Stryder2720,

I cant believe I got it done in my drunken state on Friday :eek:

Well, looks like after wanting to go for over 3 years, ill get my chance! My housemate was #18 to sign up, i was #253, One of my other friends was #2033 and final guy going with us was #4086, but got a BYOC spot for him!

Cya all there!

im registered, but im not sure im going to be able to go....I cant talk any of my buds into going..

i'm going. #728

clan nerd-o-rama will make it's first and small apperance. (all two of us)

I’m going. I got registered and our group is bringing in three computers (along with 22” monitors) for the BYOC. Our group consists of an 18 year old (me), another 18 year old (Calvin), a 17 year old (Carey), a 20 year old (Thrice) and finally a 16 year old hottie (Meagan). :D

Final Method, I’m heading down from PA, but more like on a road trip (total is more than one day’s ride). That includes going to west to Ohio, then south to Tennessee, then southwest to Oklahoma then finally south to QuakeCon, Texas. If you’re still in search for a ride, we will be heading down to Granite, Oklahoma, which is in the southwest corner of Oklahoma. If you’re anywhere around that area, let me know. I can try to pick you up.

However, we split up the fees on gas. So, considering if it’s 4 hours to QuakeCon from Oklahoma and back, you pay one fourth of the gas. If you want to bunk with us (we’re definitely going cheap—Motel 6), pay your bit! Thing is, we’re going to be having fun in Dallas as well. Shopping and seeing girls strip and whatnot. If you wanna, let me know.

And guys, I’m really up to the [H]ard|Meet (that should be the official name). Everyone should make a simple t-shirt with their [H] symbol and [H]ard|Forum name (and gaming aliases if any). We can easily recognize each other. Go for it guys. I’ll start mine by heading to the art store and buying a bunch of black Jerzee t-shirts and spray painting my own [H] symbol. :D

Saturnine, you can bunk with us if you want. I’ve been around here for a while. A couple of the guys (Calvin and Carey) also lurk around the forum constantly but don’t post. You can trust us enough.

Everyone should please go! Have fun, ya’ll (and don’t forget your t-shirts!!!).

-J.

Steven301 said:
Andrew_Carr, Bring all the idgames and everything you like or can carry.

saturnine2, No speakers are let in, so any head phones are ok.

\ :)

Edit update, yes I flew last year, lost a monitor that I bought (cheap 17" no big loss) and my freand flew on the same plane, he checked with them the size of his lian li pc 60 they said he could carry on then when we boarded they said he had to stow it in the bottom of the plane. That's why we are driving this year.

Speakers are too let in. You can bring a full 5.1 surround setup if you want. . .

Eh, I think I'm moving then, otherwise I would rock my brand new car on a nice road trip to come down and see y'all.

I'm gonna shoot for making it next year though.

Anyone need a room at the Gaylord?

We were supposed to have more people in our room, but they ended up getting a room of their own.

If we don't get the price down below $100/person, one of our people won't go.

So far, there are 4 definite. A 5th if below $100, a 6th if he can get off of work.

We'd like 2 or 3 people if at all possible.

Here are how the prices break down.

$577.92 for the room for 4 nights. (Wed - Sat)
$40 for resort fees ($10/night x 4 nights)
$18 for parking fees ($4.50/night/car x 4 nights)

That puts the total at just under $640.

So..$640 to stay in the motel.

4: $160 per person
5: $130 per person
6: $107 per person
7: $92 per person
8: $80 per person
9: $72 per person
10: $64 per person

lun said:
Speakers are too let in. You can bring a full 5.1 surround setup if you want. . .

NO SPEAKERS are allowed, read the faq...

and bump for being in 2 weeks :D

Back