Quake 'X' Arena

BrainEater

[H]ard|Gawd
I play Q3A 5 times a week still.I even load up quake 2 several times a year.

I talk to all the people I play with about what they want from a new quake.From what I've heard , Quake Champions ain't it.

The most common denominator I hear is : " We want Q2/Q3A physics/gameplay , with better graphics " .

I agree.

I'm no game designer , but it can't be that hard to give us photorealistic q3dm17 !

Kickstarter mebbie ?

:D

I see what you did there..... That's a different discussion.

--

Doom is fast enough ?
Sir , I say this with respect , but you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

I'm probably wrong , but I thought Quake 3 arena was the fastest fps ever....from a gameplay standpoint...some of the CoD ( q3 engine ) is close but...That's why I play , it's lightning fast.

There is a reason hardcore quakers get riled up about new Quake versions.It's all about the movement.
Strafe jumping/circle jumping/rocket jumping separates the men from the boys .

Give us q3a physics with 4k new graphics !!!

I'd pay 200$ for that ( and "rocketarena X" ) in a flat second.

Just sayin.

=D

I never gave a shit about the graphics personally as frame rate is life so that was never relevant at all. For me nothing to this day matches the sheer insane blitz feeling I'd get when I was "in the zone" playing Quake, nothing else has ever provided that emotional sense of just blasting the hell out of everyone and everything as fast as possible. There was a time when I got into Quake II pretty heavily and I had the chance to get into some mods that used the grappling hook and that added an entirely new dimension the game even more so than rocket jumps did for me in Quake.

I was pretty serious about Quake III Arena for a long time - I never cared at all about team based efforts so I never got into Team Arena, Capture The Flag or anything like it, just pure straight Free For All deathmatch till I couldn't play anymore for whatever reason or H2H to prove myself. Still love Q3A, still play it somewhat regularly but I'm older now and my reflexes just ain't what they used to be, but I still have fond memories of going into a local competition back home and wasting 15 competitors using just my Microsoft Intelliimouse alone and taking the prize by doing so. The keyboard config was fucked up and I just couldn't get it worked out in time before the match began so I did what I always do: left mouse = fire, right mouse = jump, wheel button = move forward (always run enabled), wheel up/down = next/previous weapon. I was damned proud of that and people just couldn't believe I wasted 'em all with just the damned mouse. :)

But that total frenetic buzz generation is something I sincerely miss from what Quake was and forever will be for me. :D

Spoken like a Quaker. I agree. :D

I just left a q3 server 1 min ago.

If Mr. Carmack won't give us the quake we want , let's pay someone who will.

Spoken like a Quaker. I agree. :D

I just left a q3 server 1 min ago.

If Mr. Carmack won't give us the quake we want , let's pay someone who will.

Would be kind of difficult considering he works for Oculus and not id.

Quake 3 Arena's source code is available, start building your high-res assets, if there is a lot of demand for it you can probably find a bunch of people to help. I'm more of UT fan, and it looks like those guys are having a go at building a new UT so all I need to do is sit back and wait.

I really wish I could do that , I don't know enough about it.
It's ok , I like q3 just fine.
------

I like UT too .I hope the new one is cool .

-------

I guess the first question I'd have is whether the Q3 engine would work with 4k images/scenery.
I know CoD does pretty good 1080 , (that's q3 engine) ....
I'm really just beating the bushes to see what flies out.

:D

q3dm17 and RA3 remakes with really nice graphics but the same tight physics/gameplay would be amazing :)

Quake is more than just speed, the player feels so connected with the world, the physics are predictable and very motion feels smooth. It's incredibly hard to replicate the 'solid' feeling of Q3, Doom is the only game I've played recently that comes close.

oh wow those were the days... r_mip 0 r_picmip 0.5

I remember my clan thought we were pro players.. on cpl.... a clan from texas just DESTROYED us.. mustve been the worst match ever. figured they were cheating lmao.

For the life of me I cannot remember that mod for pro matches... too lazy to google.

Anyways, I think we all want a game that will bring back those memories and emotions that we felt when we played before. Im not so sure anything will.

oh wow those were the days... r_mip 0 r_picmip 0.5

I remember my clan thought we were pro players.. on cpl.... a clan from texas just DESTROYED us.. mustve been the worst match ever. figured they were cheating lmao.

For the life of me I cannot remember that mod for pro matches... too lazy to google.

Anyways, I think we all want a game that will bring back those memories and emotions that we felt when we played before. Im not so sure anything will.

CPMA?

Back