Quake Wars: weird textures with ATI card

For the longest time I was using a Geforce 7800GT and recently uninstalled that and replaced it with a Radeon X1900XTX. Seemed fine, but when I was playing ET: QW
I noticed some odd textures. I'm posting a few screenshots below. If anyone has had
similar problems or has some general advice, please let me know. And yeah, I'm
using the most recent Catalyst drivers unless they just released a new version in
the last few days. :p

Weirdness that comes and goes while driving the MCP....the blue comes and goes...

But the ground markers always look weird:

Funky spawn point:

And other random textures like buildings might be all black like the spawn point
and here's what the floor on the last map of the Pacific campaign looks like:

Help mah!

Actually a new driver WAS released a couple of days ago :D 9.1

My first gut reaction would be that you minimized and maximized, as texture corruption happens frequently in certain games when you do that (See Counter Strike Source).

Other than that I would think overclocking, but overclocking would usually cause dynamic texture movement in wrong places as you move, not just loss of shadows/texture on specific objects.

In other words I can't help you, haha, but try downloading 9.1, who knows...

If that fails, I'd try reinstalling ET:QW

Edit: just noticed you moved from an nVidia card to ATI.

Did you uninstall the nVidia drivers before installing the ATI card and its drivers? That is the number one suspect now. First I'd uninstall nVidia ones if you didn't yet, then uninstall your current ATI drivers, reboot, install 9.1, reboot, retest. My money is that will be the end of it

Yeah, I fully uninstalled the Nvidia stuff before installing the Radeon card.

Didn't minimize and maximize, haven't overclocked the card....but that just made
me think about the fact my fan on the card has a variable speed. I just cranked
it up to see if that helps any....

Back