Quake Live Invites

batteriesnotincluded

[H]ard|Gawd
Does anyone happen to have a Quake Live Invite? A friend of mine is in it but decided to pull a Blagojevich.

No, seriously. Guess that's what we get for living in Illinois.

"Ty: I am in Quake Live and have "invite friend" passes. These are a valuable (bleeping) thing and you don't just give it away."

funny that he thinks invitations to a browser based version of an ancient pc game is somehow valuable.

lol do you know how popular Quake Live is going to be?

lol it's going to be released to the public and everyone will be able to play it...you do know that right? This isn't the secret beta for a game nobody's ever played before....

In game ads is bogus but I guess they have to make money.

You watch, it will be like that EA heros crap where they never release to the public, but just leak keys slowly around.

How else do you want them to finance a free product? If it bothers you so much, buy quake 3 for like 50 cents...

You watch, it will be like that EA heros crap where they never release to the public, but just leak keys slowly around.

it will be released I assure you, and it looks to be soon. all the client side ui and plugin looks pretty tight already, what I think they're trying to button up is the backend for matches and stats. I'm assuming they must be close to final stages since they have a crash test scheduled for next week, calling in as many players as possible to come in at the same time and hammer the servers. this kind of thing is normally done on apps that are at least near feature complete, coincides with recent wave of keys.

They're sending a lot of invites next week, enough to double their current player base.

Believe me, the ads are totally unobtrusive. When you're playing, the ads are just a part of the architecture, and they're usually pretty well-integrated.

What id's done with Quake Live works. I don't know if it's profitable, but it works.

Believe me, the ads are totally unobtrusive. When you're playing, the ads are just a part of the architecture, and they're usually pretty well-integrated.

What id's done with Quake Live works. I don't know if it's profitable, but it works.
I remember seeing ads in BF2142 and it took away from the game a bit; for me anyways. But if they blend and mesh well, and like you said, unobtrusive, it's a way for them to make money and still not take away from the game.

WOW, thanks for the heads up guys :D. I didn't even know about this. Looks way cool, can't wait till its finished an released :D.

entered my email months and months ago now still nothing, everytime i get this with betas :/

I have been in the Quake Live Beta for some time now, i don't even play it that much.

I've been playing quakelive for about a week,i gave out my first 5 invites to friends,took me forever to get chosen for the thing in the first place too. anyway being the geek that i am, i have 10 more invites left and no one to give them to.....for shame lol. longtime reader of the [H] and i signed up to the forum to give these invites out to like minded people. people who want to play the game.so for the first 10 people who private message me, i will submit their e-mail address for a invite. now these take 1-2 to days sometimes to receive. so don't worry this in not for spam or deception of any sort i can assure you. when you message me please leave your first and last name (doesn't have to be your real one) and a working e-mail address to receive the invite,activate the key and create your account. then your off to play.

example first: Joe
last: Smith
e-mail: [email protected]

and you can find me in the game under the name w33z

*update* Quake Live has pulled the remaining invites, 0 left =/
Names submitted nathan3b,next-Jin,Killer Potato,BXVeteRaN.sethmo,defaultluser

Got the invite, thanks w33z! Trying to register, got passed the activation, now its wanting a verification number, step 2/3. I got two emails, one with the cdkey, the other with the iD Beta Center account activation :/

I've been playing quakelive for about a week,i gave out my first 5 invites to friends,took me forever to get chosen for the thing in the first place too. anyway being the geek that i am, i have 10 more invites left and no one to give them to.....for shame lol. longtime reader of the [H] and i signed up to the forum to give these invites out to like minded people. people who want to play the game.so for the first 10 people who private message me, i will submit their e-mail address for a invite. now these take 1-2 to days sometimes to receive. so don't worry this in not for spam or deception of any sort i can assure you. when you message me please leave your first and last name (doesn't have to be your real one) and a working e-mail address to receive the invite,activate the key and create your account. then your off to play.

example first: Joe
last: Smith
e-mail: [email protected]

and you can find me in the game under the name w33z

*update* 4 invites left
Names submitted nathan3b,next-Jin,Killer Potato,BXVeteRaN.sethmo,defaultluser

^^ Was totally legit

If I get invites also I'll be sure to post here.

The email verification must have been broken yesterday, tried it today, click the resend button, and I got an email. Loading the game now :)

Someone explain to me what quake live is, is it a total copy of quake 3 or did they improve on it somehow? Also if someone wants to send me an invite thats cool too :),

I got my invite, thanks w33z.

And yeah, the game is exactly Quake 3 with a rankings system. I discovered this for myself when I had to modify config.cfg just to raise the refresh rate above 60 Hz (just like Q3).

The rankings system is pretty good, but the game brower is less-than-stellar: a lot of matches are 1v1, and this is not clear from the menu.

Does anyone know the system requirements? I'm curious if it will run on a 9250 PCI video card.

anyone got anymore invites ? i'd kill for one too...and i'll share the unlocks later too... !

Does anyone know the system requirements? I'm curious if it will run on a 9250 PCI video card.

It can't be all that high - this is just Quake 3 with a little browser overhead. And you could get a good experience playing Quake 3 on a 32MB TNT2 with a Pentium III.

I'm almost certain that Intel onboard will be enough for this game.

I installed quake 3 arena on my laptop the other day, it runs fine with intel GMA945 graphics.

Also, is there any way to run widescreen resolutions in Quake 3 / Quake live?

I installed quake 3 arena on my laptop the other day, it runs fine with intel GMA945 graphics.

Also, is there any way to run widescreen resolutions in Quake 3 / Quake live?

Quake Live has fullscreen widescreen resolutions under the system settings.

You can make Quake 3 do the same thing by setting a custom width and height from the command line.

for Quake 3 tweak your q3config.cfg with these lines
seta r_mode "-1"
seta r_fullscreen "1"
seta r_customwidth "1440"
seta r_customheight "900"
seta r_customaspect "1"

replace the custom height and width with what you want to use. Look for the config file in the software install directory under baseq3, and if you're using ioQuake 3 then it's probably in C:\Documents and Settings\ACCOUNTNAMEHERE\Application Data\Quake3\baseq3 for Win XP or greater under your accounts home folder.

looks like they have closed invites for the moment. I had about 5 left earlier this week, but they havea ll disappeared for the time being.
if i get more ill post in this thread.

If anyone has a Quake Live! invite I would love to get my hands on one.

We could try the same approach I did with Joost! when it was in beta. I offered all of my Joost! invites to the Hardforums community with the one condition that they pass their beta invites on to fellow forum members that would want one. I must have given out a good couple hundred keys that way and other members did the same. I would love to make the [H] community the largest group on the Quake Live! beta.

I dunno, feels a bit different than the original. Maybe it's just me. Last time I played was on a CRT monitor though.

I dunno, feels a bit different than the original. Maybe it's just me. Last time I played was on a CRT monitor though.

I'll agree with this. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I used to have better twitch aim in Quake 3 :)

Could be me. Could be the engine tweaks. I used to be a railgunning psycho, but I can't hit anything in Quake Live.

Back