Quake Champions Duel

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Quake Champions is running with its open Large Scale Test Tech until the 21st and has a new game mode online for test, "Duel."

Check out the video.

Quake Champions is a frenetic test of skill and the ultimate competitive game. The purest form of this proving ground is Duel mode, a 1-v-1 showdown to decide who is best, once-and-for-all.
Duel mode introduces an additional layer of strategy, incorporating multiple Champions with differing Abilities. To start, players will select three Champions in a snake-style draft before heading to the Arenas. In choosing their roster, players will have to consider which Champions are better suited to their unique play style and which are effective counters to their opponents’ choices.
Taking a cue from fighting games, Duel is played as a best-of-three match. Within each round, a player has to defeat all three of the opponent’s Champions. When a player is fragged, they will respawn as another of their chosen Champions. When one player has all three Champions eliminated, a winner for that round is declared.

Game type is pretty fun and I think I like it a bit more than the typical normal "dual" :)

Though kinda slim pickins during the early morning so you can be a bit limited to the game types available or how long it takes to get into a game ( :( ) - and eugh. Didn't think breaking my ring finger in two places would cause me such...issues though - finger starts to not like me so much after about an hour of play time :p

It has to be time based. Current duel format is way too short. I am not even taking into account all the waiting caused by the matchmaking system :/

matchmaking lacks a bit - though still in beta so there's probably a lack of folks to match make :p Looking for a sacrifice game right now... almost 10 minutes...

Back