Quake 3

So I just installed QL, and I'm getting some sort of strange lag. I get ~70 ping and my FPS is locked at 60, so I have no idea what it might be, but it made playing instagib impossible.

There are a ton of cheaters on QL.

Yup.

There are free hacks for QL on the internet + QL has no anti-cheat system whatsoever. They ban people by reviewing every single demo sent in to them by hand... and most of those demos are sent in by newbs who just got dominated by someone who has played Q3/QL for probably the last decade.

They also don't ban cheaters who pay 2 play unless it is blatantly obvious, which is a rare feat especially if its a seasoned veteran.

I don't see alot of cheaters in QL. I'm T4 in everything, and when you do see someone questionable it's always an account thats hours old (like 4 hours). Record a quick demo, email it to the admins, and a few days later that account is banned. Sometimes the ban has happened in a matter of hours.

The QL admins are pretty on it. I guess if you are T3 or lower you might get trolled by hackers who intentionally sandbag, just so they can have a couple rounds where they toggle on and destroy people, I don't know. I do know at the highest level cheaters are rare, and when they do appear, they get outed and banned rather quickly.

I don't think i've ever seen a cheater on QL, but maybe i just dont' know how to spot them.

Back