DerekMecca
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Jul 2, 2007
- Messages
- 178
So I'm building a new rig based around 3D applications, and gaming. There is a 3 page thread about it in the general hardware section of this forum.
A few people are telling me that if I want good performance in 3D applications, I need to get the quadro. It's really imprortant to me... that good performance. Yet... I'm a big gamer and am really looking foward to Crysis.
So my question is, if I do get a Quadro, will gaming on my computer really suffer that much compared to having a 8800? On the other hand, will 3D applications really take a hit if I don't get the Quadro? What are the differences between them, and what are the advantages of both depending on what I'm doing with my computer?
Help me decide which to get!
A few people are telling me that if I want good performance in 3D applications, I need to get the quadro. It's really imprortant to me... that good performance. Yet... I'm a big gamer and am really looking foward to Crysis.
So my question is, if I do get a Quadro, will gaming on my computer really suffer that much compared to having a 8800? On the other hand, will 3D applications really take a hit if I don't get the Quadro? What are the differences between them, and what are the advantages of both depending on what I'm doing with my computer?
Help me decide which to get!