Quadro Mobile -> GeForce Go?

zandor

Supreme [H]ardness
Ok, so I've searched and didn't see anything that looked likely. My apologies if this is more appropriate to the Mobile Computing forum, though it is NVidia video specific.
I'm just curious if it's possible to soft mod a Quadro NVS 110M laptop video chipset into some sort of GeForce Go. (presumably a 7300 or something like that) More importantly, I'm wondering if there is any point to doing so.
While I have a desktop for gaming so this isn't really important, "workstation" graphics are entirely useless to me and I might like to play a few games on the lappy occasionally.
I could of course just install RivaTuner, try it and run some benchmarks if the machine thinks it's a GeForce, but dammit I'm impatient and the lappy won't be here for 2 weeks.
I've just ordered a Toshiba Tecra M7 tablet with a Quadro NVS 110M graphics chip. Basically I bought it because it has hands down the best screen & CPU combo available in a tablet.

Never seen it done on a mobile chip but that's besides the point since you're on a 7 series card. The last card it was done on was a 6 series. And if I remember correctly, the modded 6 series still didn't bench as a Quadro, you were just able to run MAXtreme.

You should be able to game right away. No need for softmods, it'll perform just as a 7300 Go would... It just won't game very well, like the 7300 Go.

However, many games will bitch and whine because Quadro drivers aren't made for gaming, and so they won't recognize it properly (maybe).

Back