• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

quadro+gaming card?

I'm confused. Why would you want to? Any of the new gaming cards are going to be shit loads faster for anything including CUDA. Quadro cards are just geforce cards that have a much better support plan for shit tons of money. Oh and the ultra high end ones can have more V.ram.
 
I'm building a CAD workstation, and I want to make it game-capable. Any possible way to do this? I already have the Quadro card-would a 5850 or GTX275 significantly outperform the Quadro at AutoCAD, 3dsmax, and Solidworks?
 
Are you sure the 580 will perform better then a gaming card with a ton more shaders though, what program are you using?
 
Are you sure the 580 will perform better then a gaming card with a ton more shaders though, what program are you using?

I added the progs to the post above

Could I potentially swap between the FX580 and 5850 by uninstalling and reinstalling the corresponding graphics drivers each time? (After a driver cleaner run of course)
 
I'm building a CAD workstation, and I want to make it game-capable. Any possible way to do this? I already have the Quadro card-would a 5850 or GTX275 significantly outperform the Quadro at AutoCAD, 3dsmax, and Solidworks?

A GTX 275 would eliminate any graphical bottleneck in your system for any CAD system unless you are loading are loading tens of thousands of unoptimized features.
 
Back
Top