• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Quadro 3000 to 5950U?

Izza

Gawd
Joined
Mar 23, 2004
Messages
753
Can this be done through the registry, or do I need to flash the card with a 5950 bios?

Yeah, I know most people do things the other way around (standard card to a Quadro), but this thing was free, and I'm curious if it can be done.

Also, I feel it's worth asking...

Given, a Quadro isn't designed with gaming in mind... but is there going to be any performance benefit to doing this, or is it simply going to diable the extra features and more or less "cripple" the card?
 
It cannot be done AFAIK, but the performance gains will be nowhere as good as other way round, i.e. gforce to quadro (which cannot be done with newer cards anyways, as they are hardlocked). That beeing said, the Quadro should perform ok in games, whereas the gforce's suck in pro-apps.

I'm not entirely sure, though, as it's quite some time ago that I modded my 9700 to a fireGL x1, so you might want to check guru3d.com's forums for details and verification.
 
You're wanting to flash a Quadro to a GF? Hell, I'd give you enough money to by an FX5950 for that card.
 
Back
Top