Quad SLI Motherboard!

mavalpha

[H]F Junkie
http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20050526_155843.html
Gigabyte is making a 775 motherboard with four x16 slots and two nForce4 chipsets to power them, which should make for some really impressive benchmarks!

My only question: how will the SLI bridge PCB look for that motherboard? :eek:

I'm also really interested in the chipset combination:
Interestingly, the board integrates two different versions of the chipset - the nForce4 SLI Intel Edition (Crush 19) represents the Northbridge, the version for AMD processors is used as Southbridge.
My interpretation is that the C19 chipset's HT interconnect can be used for more than just NB/SB communications; I expected them to make it semi-proprietary. If so, it opens up a lot of other possibilities as well.

Sorry, didn't turn up when I searched Gigabyte+SLI in the past 24 hours.

Just imagine the power that system will consume if you were to stick a Pentium XE 840 in there with four 7800GTX's (Nvidia claims that just one 7800GTX will need a 400W PSU with 26A on the 12V). You would probably need a dedicated circuit in your house just to keep the lights from flickering when the computer's on :D .

GVX said:
You would probably need a dedicated circuit in your house just to keep the lights from flickering when the computer's on :D .

Hah, yeah. 1.5KW PSU, here we come.

boy_wonder said:
OMG, imma have to friggin hook a car battery up to my comp...

HA! i don't even think that the couple dozen batteries found in an electrical car will provide enough power to one of these suckers.

Sure sounds and looks nice but is completly useless only the Athlon 64 can get the most out of the SLI rigs and even with two cards it is still limited but the fastest AMD CPU. And the Intel P4 simply can provide anywhere near the power of the AMD system so 4 cards would be completly useless unless you play 3D Mark 2005?

Anyone think about how well all 4 cards would run if it would go? since mobo's are still stuck on the 32 crap ok i cant think, but 32 something or other, so the vid cards would run at like 6x and then the pci slot would take 8x or some crap? that would suck like.....bad :p

soulsaver_8229

soulsaver_8229 said:
Anyone think about how well all 4 cards would run if it would go? since mobo's are still stuck on the 32 crap ok i cant think, but 32 something or other, so the vid cards would run at like 6x and then the pci slot would take 8x or some crap? that would suck like.....bad :p
Me=confoozed

If you mean the number of PCIe lanes for each card, there'd be eight apiece- just as in a normal SLI setup.

Back