Quad-GPU Poll

• Yes I want to see this

Votes: 135 71.1%
  • Not really interested

Votes: 49 25.8%
  • Other

Votes: 6 3.2%

• Total voters
If you're going to do it, the types of people that will be buying this type of setup will not care about cost. Do a "best that money can buy" vs a "best that money can buy" test.

4 top end AMD vs 4 top end nvidia (3gb)

It is funny that you mention this. Levesque happens to have bought a Quad AMD setup and three of the same monitors I have. I have challenged him to a benchmark duel. Who would like to see that!

^ This would be great.

How about a 2 x 6970 (or 2 x 6950 modded) + 6990 quad fire?

I'd like to see this, but I think it would really be great if you tried to show how CPU dependent your results were. When guru3d.com did their equivalent review, they were often seeing little difference between the 6990 single card results and the 2x6990 crossfired results due to what they believed was CPU bottlenecking.

So, if you could perhaps test somewhere for a few different CPU scenarios (eg. a Phenom II [email protected] compared to an i5 [email protected] compared with an i5 SB chip), THAT would really be outstanding!

It would also be uber cool if you showed results for runs using 1x6990, 1x6990+1x6970, and 2x6990, just to let us see where the best bang for the buck lies. I know I'm asking for quite a bit, but you'd own the crossfire scaling gold medal for review sites on the internet if you did. :)

+1, if you're going to spend the time doing real-time benchmarks, doing some A2A runs with different processors will be an eye-opener.

It is funny that you mention this. Levesque happens to have bought a Quad AMD setup and three of the same monitors I have. I have challenged him to a benchmark duel. Who would like to see that!

Haha, yeah I think your 3GB 580's would have the edge on Quad-Fire 6990 in pushing TWELVE MILLION TWO HUNDRED EIGHTY EIGHT THOUSAND pixels :) It's all about the VRAM at that res... ;)

Last edited:
I voted no because by this point i don't care about nvidia as much for what is left of this generation, their performance/cost and performance/watt is just way low vs amd.

When 3*500$(1.5GB) worth of cards are equaled by 3*350$(6970) worth of cards, why do people look for excuses?, sure the 3*580$(3GB) cards should be faster, but the 500$ ones should have been too from the very beginning >.<

YES PLEASE!

Vega vs Levesque

LOL, they are not offering Vega vs Levesque they are offing quad sli in the form of 2x GTX 590 vs 6990 quadfire.

I WOULD like to see 4x 3GB GTX 580 vs 6990/6970 Tri Fire and Quadfire :D

Why wouldn't you want to do this is my question.

Waste of time IMO, anyone who knows their ass from their elbow knows that 2 5990 will hand 2 GTX 590s their ass in quad vs quad. It's like the village got done beating a horse to death and you got there 3 hours later and gave it's dead body 20 extra kicks for good measure. It's dead already..

Waste of time IMO, anyone who knows their ass from their elbow knows that 2 5990 will hand 2 GTX 590s their ass in quad vs quad. It's like the village got done beating a horse to death and you got there 3 hours later and gave it's dead body 20 extra kicks for good measure. It's dead already..

Yes this is true but still would be nice to see. IMO....

There. Vega vs Levesque. Practically it's an unanimous opinion.

It will be just like last night, where the french Quebecker won against the big bad mean American. :D

GSP (Georges St-Pierre) won yesterday! Yeah! Love this guy.

I'm the french Quebecker, and V is the big bad mean American. :)

6526DF55CF699F6F76AE7E6B52F1D.jpg

And after that, we will do a Home Theater picture and sound quality fight. And after that, a dishwasher duel. Let's see who can wash more dishes!

Back