• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Quad I7 Window A3 bigadv numbers

musky

[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2012
Joined
Dec 14, 2009
Messages
3,154
These are all I7 920's on a variety of motherboards. Overclocks are similar. They are all running Win7 Ultimate x64. All memory is at 9-9-9-24 2T. None of them are running the GPU client. They all are dedicated machines. All are running P2684 units. TPF and PPD number are from the last three frames, and all of them are at least 9% into the current unit.

Machine 1
Clock Speed: 3800 MHz
Bclk and multiplier: 190 x 20
Memory speed: 8 x 190 = 1520
Memory amount: 2Gb (1 x 2GB)
Memory mode: Single channel
TPF: 52.23
PPD: 16.2K

Machine 2
Clock Speed: 3780 MHz
Bclk and multiplier: 180 x 21
Memory speed: 6 x 180 = 1080
Memory amount: 6GB (3 x 2GB)
Memory mode: Triple channel
TPF: 47.46
PPD: 18.6K

Machine 3
Clock Speed: 3801 MHz
Bclk and multiplier: 181 x 21
Memory speed: 8 x 181 = 1448
Memory amount: 6GB (3 x 2GB)
Memory mode: Triple channel
TPF: 46.08
PPD: 19.6K

Notes:
- All machines are 500 to 1000 PPD better on bigadv than the best regular A3 units
- Single channel hurts pretty badly - I wish I had a dual channel machine for comparison
- Memory speed is not as critical on A3 bigadv as it was on A2 bigadv
- Windows 7 + A3 bigadv + Real Temp = 1.55 GB memory in use
- My fastest machine (20 x 190, 1520 memory in triple channel) refuses to get a bigadv
- My dual ES E5530 machine @2448 runs at about 25K PPD - 5K+ better than my best I7 (was only 2K better on A2 bigadv)
- I have no idea on power usage for these machines
 
I bet the E5530 box uses 50% less power than the i7 rigs.

That is what I observed with my dedicated i7 vs Nexus pre SR-2.
 
I bet the E5530 box uses 50% less power than the i7 rigs.

That is what I observed with my dedicated i7 vs Nexus pre SR-2.

I would believe that. It is also 10+ degrees cooler on much smaller/quieter HSFs and NEVER crashes. The downside is that it also cost twice as much initially.
 
I was doing them with a time of 44:19 21,101ppd i7-920 210X19 4ghz , memory 1680 7-8-7-24-1t
 
Back
Top