• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

QR code generator recommendation (free and reliable, please)

carcar1996

n00b
Joined
Jan 10, 2022
Messages
10
I’ve been looking into using a QR code for something a bit more personal. I recently developed some health issues, and I’d feel better having my emergency contacts and key health details on a small QR code attached to my keychain. I read in several places that some generators advertise as free, but then disable the code and you need to pay a subscription. And I’ve seen a few people on other forums having a good experience with Uniqode, and it seems solid, so I’m wondering if anyone here has actually tried it. My main concern is finding a free generator that’s still reliable. If I’m relying on this in an emergency, the last thing I want is a code that doesn’t scan. I might mess around with it for lighter stuff too (I'm thinking about sharing Wi-Fi access at home), but for the health info, I need it to just work.
 
Tons of free open source options, off the top of my head:

Libreoffice writer: Insert -> OLE object -> QR and barcode
Inkscape: Extensions -> Render -> Barcode -> QR Code

For the connoisseurs, a cli tool in linux: qrencode
 
Last edited:
Back
Top