Which PSU is would you recommend?

• Antec

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Enermax

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Niether as any major advantage over the other

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters
My vote is for the Liberty (500W model), cause I currently am waiting for NewEgg to get off their rears and ship it to me. Nothing like paying for overnight shipping and them taking 4 days (and counting) to get it shipped off.

There are issues with the NEO HE 430 PSU.
They are fixed, but not sure the stock has rotated through vendors yet.
I'd also recommend a Seasonic S12 PSU.

Check SPCR forum for details. Going high efficiency, quiet is feasible if your powering a mATX and not a full server setup.

check it
http://forums.silentpcreview.com/viewtopic.php?t=25890
(jump to later pages on the "possible" issues)

I'm actually after a Phantom 380 because I think I have my temps well under control.

Aspire has a newer PSU their shipping with the x-qpack that's supposed to be improved. The fan on the new PSU is centered (old PSU is off center). I went with the Liberty just incase.

qadsan said:
Aspire has a newer PSU their shipping with the x-qpack that's supposed to be improved.

Didn't help me. My qpack wouldn't even turn on with two optical drives installed. I'm putting in an Antec Truepower 480 tonight.

NapalmDeath said:
There are issues with the NEO HE 430 PSU.
They are fixed, but not sure the stock has rotated through vendors yet.

Check SPCR forum for details. Going high efficiency, quiet is feasible if your powering a mATX and not a full server setup.

check it
http://forums.silentpcreview.com/viewtopic.php?t=25890
(jump to later pages on the "possible" issues)

I'm actually after a Phantom 380 because I think I have my temps well under control.

the issues with the Neo was with a specific mobo, not with the PSU in general (and that was an Asus board, the A8N).

qadsan said:
Aspire has a newer PSU their shipping with the x-qpack that's supposed to be improved. The fan on the new PSU is centered (old PSU is off center). I went with the Liberty just incase.
i still wouldn't trust it. i mean, when you're looking to buy a psu, do you look to aspire? no, you dont. and this is a stock psu that comes w/ a case, so its even shadier than their standalone psu's.

oh and for the poll, i think you'd get a more accurate response if u put what psu's there, not just the brand. so antec neoHE 430w vs enermax liberty 400w. the enermax looks pretty good though.

Steeeeve said:
I'm tellin ya, Ultra x-connect X2

I wanted an X2 (lifetime warranty, nice stable unit, etc) , but I needed something a little smaller in physical size. Ultra doesn't list the size of their PSU's anywhere from what I could find, so I called Ultra tech support and asked them if they knew of any fitment issues within the x-qpack and they said the X2 would probably be too big for that case. I asked the them if they knew the measurements, but they couldn't find them in the manual or on their web site, etc. The guy I spoke to was nice enough to get an X2 PSU and he measured it with a ruler and told me it was 6" X 6". I asked if they had any smaller sized PSU's and he said they were all the same physical size of 6" X 6". I knew the Enermax Liberty was 5.5" deep, so I went with the Liberty PSU because it was a half inch shorter and I know it's also a good PSU. I hope the guy at Ultra was accurate with his measurements because I just had eight Libertys show up on my doorstep a half hour ago and it's a bit late to cancel my order.

yeah the specs on the enermax liberty look pretty good. pretty good amperage on the dual rails (20A per rail). i might go for that instead of the xclio 450watter (the xclio has 15A/18A i think)

qadsan said:
I wanted an X2 (lifetime warranty, nice stable unit, etc) , but I needed something a little smaller in physical size. Ultra doesn't list the size of their PSU's anywhere from what I could find, so I called Ultra tech support and asked them if they knew of any fitment issues within the x-qpack and they said the X2 would probably be too big for that case. I asked the them if they knew the measurements, but they couldn't find them in the manual or on their web site, etc. The guy I spoke to was nice enough to get an X2 PSU and he measured it with a ruler and told me it was 6" X 6". I asked if they had any smaller sized PSU's and he said they were all the same physical size of 6" X 6". I knew the Enermax Liberty was 5.5" deep, so I went with the Liberty PSU because it was a half inch shorter and I know it's also a good PSU. I hope the guy at Ultra was accurate with his measurements because I just had eight Libertys show up on my doorstep a half hour ago and it's a bit late to cancel my order.

They are standard sized...I have the X-finity2 in my PSU and it is the same size as the X2. I would suggest you use their tech forum from now on. Their phone service is ok but Ultra really shines with their tech forum support. PM JP or start thread and JP will respond. Great company :)

I am leaning towards an OCZ ModStream 450 for my QPack. Gonna whip out the soldering iron, wires, sleeving, and molex connectors and make my own custom cable runs for all ther peripherals. Now, if I could only decide on a UV color scheme. Too many options.

- JT

Soymilk said:
oh and for the poll, i think you'd get a more accurate response if u put what psu's there, not just the brand. so antec neoHE 430w vs enermax liberty 400w. the enermax looks pretty good though.

I'm leaning towards the enermax myself, the reason I didn't put in the name of full name of the power supplies is because I didn't think I had to consitering my post, but my next poll I'll be sure to put up the full name of the options.

sunbeamtech 550w modular. i have 1 in my xqpack and in my reg box. nvidia sli cert(just what you will need for that qpack) quiet, nice little 3.5" lcd panel, small. prob can still find them for less than $80, but most places upped price to over $100 when they started to sell a few.

vanilla_guerilla said:
sunbeamtech 550w modular. i have 1 in my xqpack and in my reg box. nvidia sli cert(just what you will need for that qpack) quiet, nice little 3.5" lcd panel, small. prob can still find them for less than $80, but most places upped price to over $100 when they started to sell a few.

Ya really need a SLI cert'ed PSU for a qPack? mATX with SLI?
Or are you stating that since its certified its a quality PSU?

I think guerilla was speaking just a bit tongue-in-cheek.

I vote for the Enermax. I LOVE mine. It's dead quiet, and rock stable (measured with a Fluke true-RMS meter). It is also a LOT smaller than the OCZ Powerstream it replaced in my rig. You can also get/build custam cables for it- just contact Enermax and ask for Tom.

I have an ANTEC PSU and it is kind of long. If it were not for my LiteOn burner, the PS would not fit in the QPACK.

NapalmDeath said:

I was thinking about Seasonic for a while, infact is was my first choice until I found the Antec and shortly thereafter Enermax, with their detachable cables. I think it'll make a lot of difference, space management wise, when I get around to building my SFF.

I tried to put an X-Connect PSU into my qpack, and it fit, but the cables on the first gen X-Connects are VERY,VERY stiff and solid, and i had to wrestle them around to get them where i needed them, and becuase at the time i built this rig (Dec 2nd) i had to use my NEC 3550 dvd, so between the cables and the size, i decided to take it out, i am currently using the stock psu, and at the end of this month will be ordering an enermax liberty 500w and a geforce 7800gt. I was really disappointed, because they have a great rep, and it semmed to run fine. If you want an x-connect, however, they have a second gen product that has "flexforce" cables, these cable are made to be flexible and fit everywhere, wish i had known that when i got mine :(

Enermax Liberty all the way for it's compact size. Modular cables and rock solid build.

SKy042 said:
Enermax Liberty all the way for it's compact size. Modular cables and rock solid build.

So you are saying that the Libery is smaller than the TPII 550 that I have? This I gotta see ;) .

cc2096 said:
So you are saying that the Libery is smaller than the TPII 550 that I have? This I gotta see ;) .

But does the Ture Power 2 have removable cables? I think not.

wait, is the enermax liberty short enough that you can use whatever optical drives you want, not just the shorter brands? like, will a nec drive fit?

The dimensions of the Liberty 500W PSU are W150 x H86 x D140 (mm)

So you would have to measure and see if it would fit your standard size Optical drive. Though I have no doubts it would. Since with a simple molex change you and use a full size optical drive with a full size PSU.

I have an Enermax 525 in mine. I know, I know...I had origionally intended to build an SLI system, but changed my mind(after I bought the PSU). I found that it was standard size, and fits well, so I kept it. Lots of wires, though, but I only have one drive, so I stuff them. Working great, real quiet, too. Enermax recommended :D

Back