QPACK PSU Poll

I use/used the stock PSU in my qpack and...

• Total voters

HardUp4HardWare

Supreme [H]ardness
With all the talk of qpack PSUs that HAS happened in this forum I thought it was poll time.
If you are using or have used the stock PSU in the qpack did you have issues?

Mine worked fine the first 4 months or so..

with the blue led fan in it, now when its on you can see the leds "pulse" similar to a strobe light.. also started hearing a nasty static discharge sound when powering up etc etc..

First one i got didn't work (powered on and off at the slightest touch of the case).

Second one (the one i have now) seems to work most of the time, but the machine is horribly unstable, and odd squealing noises emanate from inside the PSU.

I figure it's going to be cheaper in the long run to just get a new power supply than to keep RMA'ing it, so that's what i did.

Working great here, which is something I can not say for Antec Aria that dies a quick death. Not alone either. Many have had Aria PS failures. Point is, while some (many) may have issues with X-Qpack, even buying a top dollar popular P.S. brand does not mean you will be better off.

There have also been at least 3 versions of the X-Qpack power supply. Are the most problematic the original ones, that are no longer made? Are the new ones better? (yes, but how much better?) Poll is skewed because of different versions or revisions of P.S.

mine wouldn't power my 6600gt. I put it in, no power up, i took it out, power up with onboard video. it sucked.

actually its been confirmed that aspire simply changed the stickers on the same PSU and lied about the amperages. There is probably only one version out there.

My old socket A machine ran with the PSU in but the rails were really unstable, so I switched out with a fortron.

"Never attempted to use the stock psu" should be in the poll too. I, and probably a good number of people, fall into that category.

I used mine briefly with a TForce and 6800GT it worked ok, but would I trust it long term....no way.

RobsTV said:
Point is, while some (many) may have issues with X-Qpack, even buying a top dollar popular P.S. brand does not mean you will be better off.

Just like buying good RAM doesn't mean you will be better off...........................;)

There have also been at least 3 versions of the X-Qpack power supply. Are the most problematic the original ones, that are no longer made? Are the new ones better? (yes, but how much better?) Poll is skewed because of different versions or revisions of P.S.

Aspire rebrands the bottom of the barrell (and even some nonspec compliant PSU's.....ie more than +/-5% tolerance to achieve their max wattage rating) PSU's....rest assured no matter how many rev's there have been they have all been bad.

Calpis said:
"Never attempted to use the stock psu" should be in the poll too. I, and probably a good number of people, fall into that category.

I purposely don't want or care about that category. I want to know only about people who HAVE used the PSU.

RobsTV said:
Working great here, which is something I can not say for Antec Aria that dies a quick death. Not alone either. Many have had Aria PS failures. Point is, while some (many) may have issues with X-Qpack, even buying a top dollar popular P.S. brand does not mean you will be better off.

Antec uses Channel well PSU's, they use 2nd tier electrolytics in their power supplies, no surprises here...

MD

I used it then I yanked it out. What a piece of crap. unless your computer can run on 10.3 Volts

Well I kinda have to cause, my NeoHe Took a dive, and everything seems more stable, so when the RMA Comes, I'm getting an Ultra X2.

There should be an option for those who went with a 3rd party PSU from the start. I think most people would pick that option and the poll will have more accurate results.

On my Pack the 12v rail would drop to something like 11.4 any time I ran a 3d application.
This is with X850XT PE. The fan on the vidcard would actually slow down audibly and my GPU temps would rocket. Replaced with an Antec 550w HE modular. Tight fit and overkill but works great. :D

worked fine for me with a 144 opteron @ 9x296, 1.56v, 2x512mb tccd, 2 hdds, floppy, 7800gt, hauppage pvr150 in tforce. recently swapped for coolermaster 550 realpower that was demoted from my game box. worked fine, but the coolermaster is small, obviously better psu, and was homeless. aspire now in test system.

It worked fine for the week that I had it but I decided not to risk using it for longer than that and replaced it after reading the JonnyGuru article.

TheBlueChanell said:
I'm getting an Ultra X2.

GameDad said:
make sure you get the second generation

That's why it's called the "X2." :p

I love when my name comes up in search results.

Anyone want to buy a fried X-Qpack PSU? ;)

Back