• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

QMDs?

Joined
Dec 26, 2004
Messages
725
Sorry I've read some stuff about QMDs, and so that that either can't run, or they are slow on AMDs...but I have a P4 and a P3 machine that I have some work to do before they run, but will the P3 still be able to do QMDs quickly, or should I leave that to the P4. Thanks.

EDIT: Nvm, I remembered that only the P4s support the SSE2...at least IIRC, but another question, should I get more memory for the P4 to run QMDs, I have 512MB right now.

 
If it's a dedicated folder, you can get away with 512, if you plan on doing anything else though it'll be a struggle. Having 1GB is practically a requirement to get them and still use your rig.
 
Well it's gonna be a dedicated folder mostly...but I will probably do some other stuff...I'll probably just get another 512MB, I can probably get some cheap from my friend. Thanks p[H].

 
Back
Top