• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

QMD help?

magnusvir

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 7, 2004
Messages
1,165
take a look at my log and help me with this. The cpu is not o/ced, is a computer in the lab and I run it only when I am logged in.

[14:12:06] Folding@Home QMD Core
[14:12:06] Version 1.04 (Apr 7, 2005)
[14:12:06]
[14:12:06] Preparing to commence simulation
[14:12:06] - Looking at optimizations...
[14:12:06] - Created dyn
[14:12:06] - Files status OK
[14:12:06] - Expanded 260943 -> 826210 (decompressed 316.6 percent)
[14:12:06]
[14:12:06] Project: 1911 (Run 267, Clone 14, Gen 2)
[14:12:06]
[14:12:06] Writing local files
[14:12:06] Extra SSE2/SSE3 boost OK.
[14:12:06] Entering QMD...
[14:12:44] System: p1911_ALA-depeptide_umbrel
[14:12:44]
[14:12:44] Performing initial WF calculations
[14:12:44] - Number of total steps will change until convergence
[14:13:27] Completed 0 out of 2000 steps (0)
[14:17:07] Timered checkpoint triggered.
[14:17:13]
[14:17:13] Folding@home Core Shutdown: FILE_IO_ERROR
[14:17:16] CoreStatus = 75 (117)
[14:17:16] Error opening or reading from a file.
[14:17:16] Deleting current work unit & continuing...
[14:18:11] - Preparing to get new work unit...
[14:18:11] + Attempting to get work packet
[14:18:11] - Connecting to assignment server
[14:18:11] - Successful: assigned to (171.64.122.113).
[14:18:11] + News From Folding@Home: Welcome to F[/CODE]olding@Home
[14:18:11] Loaded queue successfully.
[14:18:13] + Closed connections
[14:18:18]
[14:18:18] + Processing work unit
[14:18:18] Core required: FahCore_96.exe
[14:18:18] Core found.
[14:18:18] Working on Unit 02 [October 21 14:18:18]
[14:18:18] + Working ...
[14:18:18]
[14:18:18] *------------------------------*
[14:18:18] Folding@Home QMD Core
[14:18:18] Version 1.04 (Apr 7, 2005)
[14:18:18]
[14:18:18] Preparing to commence simulation
[14:18:18] - Looking at optimizations...
[14:18:19] - Created dyn
[14:18:19] - Files status OK
[14:18:19] - Expanded 260884 -> 826075 (decompressed 316.6 percent)
[14:18:19]
[14:18:19] Project: 1910 (Run 8, Clone 46, Gen 52)
[14:18:19]
[14:18:19] Writing local files
[14:18:19] Extra SSE2/SSE3 boost OK.
[14:18:19] Entering QMD...
[14:18:58] System: p1910_ALA-depeptide
[14:18:58]
[14:18:58] Performing initial WF calculations
[14:18:58] - Number of total steps will change until convergence
[14:19:45] Completed 0 out of 2000 steps (0)
[14:23:50] Timered checkpoint triggered.
[14:23:56]
[14:23:56] Folding@home Core Shutdown: FILE_IO_ERROR
[14:24:00] CoreStatus = 75 (117)
[14:24:00] Error opening or reading from a file.
[14:24:00] Deleting current work unit & continuing...
[14:24:57] - Preparing to get new work unit...
[14:24:57] + Attempting to get work packet
[14:24:57] - Connecting to assignment server
[14:24:57] - Successful: assigned to (171.64.122.113).
[14:24:57] + News From Folding@Home: Welcome to Folding@Home
[14:24:57] Loaded queue successfully.

been doing this for the last 15 minutes. the comp here is a 3.4 ghz P4 w/HT and 1 gig of RAM.

 
stop the process

delete the core (fah_core96.exe)

start up folding

?
 
I would go ahead and delete the work folder and everything except the fah502console.exe and client.cfg. Then start folding again. Also, check to make sure you havve permission to create files/folders/subfolders.
 
Mohonri said:
I would go ahead and delete the work folder and everything except the fah502console.exe and client.cfg. Then start folding again. Also, check to make sure you havve permission to create files/folders/subfolders.

all done. Still having same problem. i got off the -advmethods switch and its quietly chewing on a PMD without probs. Wierd, huh? :confused:

 
Your problem sounds very similar to what I ran into about the very same time (see the "Early Ends" thread) , although my FAHlog didn't look identical. I was running the 5.04 windows console client , but I also had several "bad" or purposely stopped service entries in my registry. When I cleaned out the registry , and reinstalled FAH everything worked fine and is once again bringing in the QMDs. Note that I did this without touching the good thread that is plugging away on a 600 pointer.

PM me if you want more details :)

 
RPhArrow said:
Your problem sounds very similar to what I ran into about the very same time (see the "Early Ends" thread) , although my FAHlog didn't look identical. I was running the 5.04 windows console client , but I also had several "bad" or purposely stopped service entries in my registry. When I cleaned out the registry , and reinstalled FAH everything worked fine and is once again bringing in the QMDs. Note that I did this without touching the good thread that is plugging away on a 600 pointer.

PM me if you want more details :)


Thanks. I think it is becos I am on a public comp and thus have no access to the registry. Oh well, at least it does normal work units without a problem.

 
Back
Top