• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

q9550 temps

Boostage

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 25, 2008
Messages
327
I know it doesnt matter I just want to know why..

My q9550 @4ghz. xigmatek s1283,ocz freeze Themal paste Intelburn test stable. my cores idle

42,42,42,45

I dont think I have ever seen any quad core have even temps all across not online, not in person. is it imperfections on the heatspreader/heatsink or is it air pockets in the thermal paste? or is it just impossible to avoid no matter what?
 
My Q9550 idles at 34/34/38/38 so I guess it's pretty normal. I would say it's down to the heatspreader and how even the contact is with the cores.
 
A lot of these sensors get stuck at lower temperatures so anything is possible. I wouldn't worry about paste or the flatness of your heat spreader. 99% of the time it's sensor issues.

Run the RealTemp CPU Cool Down Test if you want to learn some more about how your sensors move. You can usually spot a sensor that gets stuck.
Post your results.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/3/3/1794507/RealTempBeta.zip
 
It can be for any number of reasons. Inaccurate/stuck temperature sensors, different Tjmax values for different cores, variances between the cores causing some to run at higher temperatures, an uneven heatspreader or heatsink, uneven thermal paste application, etc. But like you said yourself, it doesn't matter.
 
Back
Top