• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Q9550 Temp Issues

soulesschild

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Feb 18, 2007
Messages
6,176
I have a Q9550, E0, VID 1.215v

Currently I have it at 1.2v, 1.5 CPU PLL, 1.29 NBv, 1.3FTT, 450FSB. The idle temps are about 37C. I can't put it on load as it'll exceed 80C using something like prime95. I've remounted it twice. Is it just the limitation of my cooler? Thermalright SI-128SE with a SF21FF?
 
The latest version of Core Temp will also report temperatures accurately, so there's no real need to use Real Temp instead.

The heatsink you're using should be able to handle that heat load fine provided it's paired with an adequate fan. Double-check and make sure the heatsink is getting enough airflow. Also, make sure you have enough airflow in your case. Try removing the side panel and see if that helps your temperatures.
 
What kinda temps should I be seeing ideally?

Hrm...seems the heatpipes are fairly cool realtive to the cpu temp, 70C on load. Time to remount hte HS....
 
Defintely looks like my cooling isn't adequate or I need a better case. I'll be switching cases soon and then to water but for now,

3.4Ghz @ 1.128v, 36 idle, 65-70ish IBT. 55 Prime95

I accidently let it hit 100C on IBT for like a few seconds, it shouldn't have a huge adverse affect ont eh cPU right?
 
3.4Ghz @ 1.128v, 36 idle, 65-70ish IBT. 55 Prime95

This actually looks fine to me. Also, letting your CPU hit 100C briefly won't damage anything. The CPU will shut off before reaching a temperature that will harm it.
 
This actually looks fine to me. Also, letting your CPU hit 100C briefly won't damage anything. The CPU will shut off before reaching a temperature that will harm it.

good to hear :)

I wanted to join the 4.0Ghz club but it looks like until I get better case flow/WC :(
 
Back
Top