• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Q9550 poor 3dmark6 scores???

welder

n00b
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
10
Gets a score of 2600?
System is running Vista 64 with 4 gigs ram and a 4870.
Total score is only 11,000 and thats running at 3.18 with O/Ced video.

any thoughts?
 
Could be the operating system.

With windows XP 32bit SP3 and Q9550 C1 slight OC of around 3.2GHZ with HD4850 in a rig I built awhile back the Q9550 scored around 5000 pts.

Could be your drivers.

You should easily be over 4000 on the Q9550.
 
The rig in question belongs to a kid I know...I recently built a a system around the E8400 and 4850...it gets over 13000 with 3dmark 06.Needless to say he's a bit put out. Maybe I'll mention the drivers to him to see what he's using...
Would intel cpu drivers be of any use?
 
Seems very low to be honest, at stock it should get around 3k easy, As for intel drivers, theres cpu intel drivers? :eek:

I tried finding some stock results from orb compare but every result was overclocked :(
 
Could be the operating system.

With windows XP 32bit SP3 and Q9550 C1 slight OC of around 3.2GHZ with HD4850 in a rig I built awhile back the Q9550 scored around 5000 pts.

Could be your drivers.

You should easily be over 4000 on the Q9550.

sigh, it is NOT the OS. Vista X64 is just fine.

Drivers or something of that sort maybe.

I would redownload and install your chipset drivers for starters.

What are your temps like?

What are you running the memory at?

What motherboard are you running?

Do you have Speedstep and C1E turned off?

If you want help troubleshooting help us with more info :).
 
^I'll have to talk to him. The board is a Gigabyte. Not sure the model.
Don't know what speedstep is...in the bios? C1E?
Temps have climbed a bit with the overclock.
Still stable.
 
If i recall c1e is probably the intel of cool & quite, meaning it downclocks when idle, if thats not it, its probably the option where it downclocks when the temp limit set by the bios is met
 
Yeah speed step and c1e are both in the bios, while they don't NEED to be off, it is something I would check. It is well known that many people have trouble getting desired reslults with those turned on.

Once you find out what the motherboard is (or at least what chipset) go download the latest chipset drivers and install them.
 
Back
Top