• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Q9550 load temps

camelass

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
272
I have my Q9550 overclocked to 3.825ghz (450x8.5). Under linX the max temps were 74 74 70 70 but generally stayed in the 69 - 71c range. Under prime95 I have been running small ffts for the past 30mins (still going) and the temps are holding steady at 64 64 61 61. I know these temps are a bit high considering the cooler I'm using. (Hyper cooler master 212) What are your opinions? Should I back off to 3.6 until I get a new cooler? or is this acceptable?
 
These are perfectly fine for a quad on air cooling. Nothing to worry about.
 
The TjMax for the Q9550 is 100C, your temps are fine.
 
Seem like good temps.

Try lowering your voltage as much as possible. Right at the edge of stability.
 
Core i7 and Core 2 Temperature Guide said:
link
Scale 3: Quad
Q9x50: Tcase Max 71c, Stepping E0, TDP 95W, Idle 16W
Q9x50: Tcase Max 71c, Stepping C1, TDP 95W, Idle 16W
Q9400: Tcase Max 71c, Stepping R0, TDP 95W, Idle 16W
Q9300: Tcase Max 71c, Stepping M1, TDP 95W, Idle 16W
Q8x00: Tcase Max 71c, Stepping R0, TDP 95W, Idle 16W
Q8200: Tcase Max 71c, Stepping M1, TDP 95W, Idle 16W
Q6x00: Tcase Max 71c, Stepping G0, TDP 95W, Idle 16W


-Tcase/Tjunction-
--70--/--75--75--75--75-- Hot
--65--/--70--70--70--70-- Warm
--60--/--65--65--65--65--Safe <--
--25--/--30--30--30--30-- Cool

30 minutes P95.
 
Temps look good to me but if you can lower the volts as mentioned above you might be able to bring the temps down some more.
 
Back
Top