• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Q9550 + IP35Pro

I too have an IP35Pro + q6600 @3.4Ghz, been a champ of a CPU for me. I'm real tempted to plop in a q9550, but:

1. I've heard the board is real finicky with E0's, and

2. Not sure its worth the trouble for a few hundred mhz

.....but I can't quite shake the bug, and I'm really lusting after an i7/i5 setup. :cool:
 
I can't complain EO Q9550 @3.6 ghz absolutely stable and that is most important to me, more stable than the E2160 @ 3 ghz, much more stable. I'm impressed with this MB. Plan on keeping it another 2 years.
 
Your board should be able do go higher than that. Mine does 450 without touching the voltages.

What kind of RAM are you using?

OCZ Platinum 1066. I don't think ram is my problem. I'm not trying to thread-jack, I was just curious about glen's results. I've got a better hsf in the mail. When I get that, and some time, I'll try pushing it a bit more. If I don't get better results then, I'll post a thread of my own.
 
FWIW, anyone with this board looking for beta bios 1.8 can find it here.

Its a shame Abit is no longer in the mobo business. I've had several Abit boards over the years, almost are were great performers. The BP6 in particular was a workhorse back in the day. :cool:
 
FWIW, anyone with this board looking for beta bios 1.8 can find it here.

Its a shame Abit is no longer in the mobo business. I've had several Abit boards over the years, almost are were great performers. The BP6 in particular was a workhorse back in the day. :cool:

Thanks for that link. I possibly have a corrupt bios and wanted to try B18 from a different source.
 
The bios 18 really made a difference for me, no worry about threadjack.
 
I've missed seeing threads about the IP35 Pro.

A recent thunderstorm took out one of the RJ45 ports on my router and one of the ethernet ports on my IP35 Pro. I used to question the value of having a second ethernet port, but now I'm glad. I've since switched to wireless through my Abit Airpace PCI-e WiFi card since finding out that Atheros drivers will work properly on Vista 64-bit.

The only instability problems I've had were occasional BSODs caused by Uguru.sys which I had to manually remove the drivers for. This seems to be a common problem in 64-bit Vista.

I've had my Q9450 at 3.6Ghz with no changes to voltage, but I've just been running it at stock speeds for a while now.
 
Lightning sucks, I had a similiar hit, I had everything surge suppressed except the cable line. I called them and they gave me the specs for a cable surge surpressor that works with all the channels, found one on ebay. Also bought a UPS.
 
Just an update with XP SP3 this setup is much more stable than before, my problem definetaly wasn't the MB. This reminds me of my old rock solid Asus 478 board. I also ran CCCleaner which speed things up a litlle. Anyone considering this upgrade just do it, I really think I'm good for a couple years before I need a new MB. May upgrade to Windows 7 64 bit one day but thats a big project with my specialized audio setup. But for now I'm very satisfied.
 
Last edited:
FWIW, anyone with this board looking for beta bios 1.8 can find it here.

Its a shame Abit is no longer in the mobo business. I've had several Abit boards over the years, almost are were great performers. The BP6 in particular was a workhorse back in the day. :cool:

Totally agree w/you on that. I've owned many an A-bit board & all were workhorses. Overclocked like demons & were far more stable than most. Anyways, this beta BIOS can be flashed using same runme.bat? Friend has old IP35 & wants to run a Q9550 on it.
 
FWIW, anyone with this board looking for beta bios 1.8 can find it here.

Its a shame Abit is no longer in the mobo business. I've had several Abit boards over the years, almost are were great performers. The BP6 in particular was a workhorse back in the day. :cool:

Hey I sent you a message about this BIOS file. Just wondering if anyone has the batch file(runme.bat) to execute this? Unable to run it.
 
Back
Top