Hi guys,
Just need a quick check up on what im doing here. I have a Q9550 with a P5Q pro and G.Skill DDR2-1000 ram. I have OC'd the Q9550 to 3.6 ghz (upped the FSB to 425) but i just need to make sure im not halming anything.
I heard that leaving VCore on auto is a bad idea, and found that i could get away with just under 1.2v in bios (prime95'd it for about 2 hours) and it shows up as 1.168v on CPU-Z. I'm pretty sure this is a safe voltage, is it? The only other setting that is not on auto is the DRAM voltage (set that to 2.0v cos my ram said ~2.0 - 2.1v) should i be changing the NB and SB voltage to manual too or not?
Another thing, i have disabled Speedstep, but at the moment CPU-Z still reads my speed at 2550.5Mhz at 6.0 multi.. what?
What should this CPU get to temp wise with a Coolermaster hyper 212 on it? on prime95 at the settings above, it gets to a max of 60C.. is it just me or is this a little high? (i used the thermal paste that came with the cooler, my first time applying it)..
One last this before i go, CPU-Z at the moment is also reading my ram as DDR2-800 (i know thats wrong) but at 425Mhz.. It also says the FSB is a 1:1 ratio but i thought that 800Mhz ram and 400Fsb would be 1:1? =S if so, does this mean my ram is running at only 425mhz?
I think that about does it for unloading my n00b insecurities on you guys =P i would appreciate any help.
Thanks
Just need a quick check up on what im doing here. I have a Q9550 with a P5Q pro and G.Skill DDR2-1000 ram. I have OC'd the Q9550 to 3.6 ghz (upped the FSB to 425) but i just need to make sure im not halming anything.
I heard that leaving VCore on auto is a bad idea, and found that i could get away with just under 1.2v in bios (prime95'd it for about 2 hours) and it shows up as 1.168v on CPU-Z. I'm pretty sure this is a safe voltage, is it? The only other setting that is not on auto is the DRAM voltage (set that to 2.0v cos my ram said ~2.0 - 2.1v) should i be changing the NB and SB voltage to manual too or not?
Another thing, i have disabled Speedstep, but at the moment CPU-Z still reads my speed at 2550.5Mhz at 6.0 multi.. what?
What should this CPU get to temp wise with a Coolermaster hyper 212 on it? on prime95 at the settings above, it gets to a max of 60C.. is it just me or is this a little high? (i used the thermal paste that came with the cooler, my first time applying it)..
One last this before i go, CPU-Z at the moment is also reading my ram as DDR2-800 (i know thats wrong) but at 425Mhz.. It also says the FSB is a 1:1 ratio but i thought that 800Mhz ram and 400Fsb would be 1:1? =S if so, does this mean my ram is running at only 425mhz?
I think that about does it for unloading my n00b insecurities on you guys =P i would appreciate any help.
Thanks