• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Q9550 55C load at default?

No VTT is not the northbridge voltage.

If ASUS bioses are similar, you should look at the jumperfree overclocking menu and check out the menu where CPU and Dram voltages are. I'm pretty sure that I have separate settings for VTT and FSB termination voltage, But I'm not 100% as my home computer is 30 miles away!

I would hit up google and check for other folks using the same motherboard as you.

Also check this thread out at XS:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=182445

I did notice that there's a huge difference between my ASUS bios vs. my DFI bios settings.
 
I'm not that concerned with the temps after looking at realtemp, 65-60 is fine for 3.8GHz, i'm pretty sure the CPU can do it without anymore voltage, seems it was just the motherboard crapping out, increased NB voltage to 1.55 it seems to be holding with a FSB of 448.

Whats the highest recommended for the nb on a P35 chipset?, the P5K seems to have decent cooling.
 
I'm not that concerned with the temps after looking at realtemp, 65-60 is fine for 3.8GHz, i'm pretty sure the CPU can do it without anymore voltage, seems it was just the motherboard crapping out, increased NB voltage to 1.55 it seems to be holding with a FSB of 448.

Whats the highest recommended for the nb on a P35 chipset?, the P5K seems to have decent cooling.

OK. Ebilcake. The VTT voltage SHOULD be the FSB termination voltage. Sorry if I erred on my previous posts.

On the P35 Northbridge voltage. I have my set at 1.55 as well and I found that going up to 1.6 didn't actually improve my OC'ing all that much.

Your 65-60 degrees is under 100% load?
 
OK. Ebilcake. The VTT voltage SHOULD be the FSB termination voltage. Sorry if I erred on my previous posts.

On the P35 Northbridge voltage. I have my set at 1.55 as well and I found that going up to 1.6 didn't actually improve my OC'ing all that much.

Your 65-60 degrees is under 100% load?

Yep, thats under load runng OCCT, the FSB still isnt stable enough, will increasing the VTT improve FSB overclocking at all?
 
Back
Top