I'm in the intel game now. My dedicated folder is a Q9450.......I'm interested in getting some overclocking suggestions.
Setup is as follows:
-Q9450
-Sunbeam CCF
-4x1gb OCZ Platinum 4-4-4@2.1v, 800, 2 matched sets
-DFI LanParty x38 T2R LT
-Antec Neo ECO 520w
I've been working with a few of the guys on the IRC channel, and wanted to get more oppinions on what to try from the intel crowd here......my goal is to get 4.0, i have no qualms about usign 2 gigs only(have only one stick in now since we were working on just the OC), just need it to be stable when i go higher ram amounts.
Box is for:
-Folding
-CoD 4 Server(almost no resources needed)
-LAN Box from Time to Time
I've been AMD all my life, got a killer deal on the hardware so i figured hell ill give it a go, though the BIOS has me truely confused (so used to multi overclocking)
as a temp reference, running at stock speed, 1.25v, temp is 56/56/54/51 for the cores, while doing the SMP folding client. The ambient is 87f. I'm pretty sure i have some lee way ( this box is running naked for a while ) temp wise(well alot actually).
Any suggestions/help woud be suggested
O ya, also have put the timings at 5-5-5 on the memory for overclocking, ram speed/timings are not as important as raw CPU speed in everything i do.
Setup is as follows:
-Q9450
-Sunbeam CCF
-4x1gb OCZ Platinum 4-4-4@2.1v, 800, 2 matched sets
-DFI LanParty x38 T2R LT
-Antec Neo ECO 520w
I've been working with a few of the guys on the IRC channel, and wanted to get more oppinions on what to try from the intel crowd here......my goal is to get 4.0, i have no qualms about usign 2 gigs only(have only one stick in now since we were working on just the OC), just need it to be stable when i go higher ram amounts.
Box is for:
-Folding
-CoD 4 Server(almost no resources needed)
-LAN Box from Time to Time
I've been AMD all my life, got a killer deal on the hardware so i figured hell ill give it a go, though the BIOS has me truely confused (so used to multi overclocking)
as a temp reference, running at stock speed, 1.25v, temp is 56/56/54/51 for the cores, while doing the SMP folding client. The ambient is 87f. I'm pretty sure i have some lee way ( this box is running naked for a while ) temp wise(well alot actually).
Any suggestions/help woud be suggested
O ya, also have put the timings at 5-5-5 on the memory for overclocking, ram speed/timings are not as important as raw CPU speed in everything i do.