q9450 to q9650 simply from taping something?

Siriusmuzik

[H]ard|Gawd
I remember there was an article where you covered a certain spot on the Q9450 w/ electric tape and then it will perform at speeds with a Q9650. Can you still do that, and can you do something similar with a Q9550? Thanks

hmm I remembered there was one specifically for the Q9450 and it was different pins.

Thanks though :D

Considering you can easily overclock a Q9450 to Q9650 speeds, I don't see why it matters all that much anyway.

Considering you can easily overclock a Q9450 to Q9650 speeds, I don't see why it matters all that much anyway.

Yeah its not like the old unlock the multipliers pin mod I still have second in my second rig

If by qx9770 he means unlocked multiplier I am trying this right now. I can push the fsb to 520 (not stable though!), far enough for a quad but I want a higher multiplier. Would give me some motivation to go water. :D

edit: just changes the default fsb to 400. i think i'll leave it though. nice default OC. :)

If by qx9770 he means unlocked multiplier I am trying this right now. I can push the fsb to 520 (not stable though!), far enough for a quad but I want a higher multiplier. Would give me some motivation to go water. :D

It is physically impossible to unlock a modern locked CPU.

Back