• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Q9450 Overclocking

Doggeh

n00b
Joined
Sep 3, 2008
Messages
11
Hey guys,

I've been overclocking my Q9450 on my Asus Maximus Extreme motherboard with OCZ Platinum 1600Mhz DDR3 memory and I've hit a wall at 3.4Ghz (ram oc'd in sync at 1700Mhz)

I'm wondering what results you guys have had with similar setup's or if you have any advice about pushing it further? I've read about ppl achieving 3.6GHz (admittedly on DDR2 motherboards) but I've not managed to get there.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=412739

vcore 1.320v
CPU/NB/GFX all watercooled with dual 3x rads - temps all very low

Cheers,
Doggeh

 
Well, I was stable at 3.704GHz with 1.3625V on a P5Q Pro. I don't want to go any higher on Vcore, but you have some room.
 
Back
Top