• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Q9450 below stock speed?

Smallsz92

n00b
Joined
Jun 24, 2008
Messages
22
Hey, I've been reading up on quad core overclocking, and I'm a bit in over my head, and I was looking at CPU-Z to look at the RAM specifications real quick, when I noticed that my processor is performing BELOW what it's supposed to. I haven't done anything to it, this is a new system about 1-2 weeks old. Anyone know what's wrong? I have an idea that the multiplier isn't right, it's 6 when on the overclocking page it's supposedly 8.0. Here's a screenshot to show you what I mean
 
You probably have the EIST/C1E or whatever its called these days turned on in the bios. power saving mode when the CPU is less active.
 
Meaning if I stress test it it will go back up?
Edit: Yep, it did. Yeah I was about to start getting worried heh.
 
Yes. The CPU automatically slows down when you're not doing anything intensive to save power.
 
if you don't like that powerdown, just look for eist/c1e something like that in the cpu area of the bios and disable. Lots of times apparently OC doesn't go well with it enabled.
 
It is a good idea to turn it off while you are overclocking, but I would turn back on once you have a stable clock. There is no point wasting energy with your chip constantly running at full speed.
 
jesus christ how many of these "Im doing nothing to push the CPU and the multiplier is showing as 6!!!!!!!!!" posts do we need?
On the plus side, he actually posted proof that the CPU is doing nothing at the time.
 
Back
Top