• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Q8300 Temps

dC0m

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Aug 21, 2008
Messages
5,285
Hi all,

I'm running a Q8300 at stock speeds and I recently upgraded to a Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 7 rev. 2. I checked SpeedFan and Temp1 shows 84C. I'm not sure what are normal temps but to me, that's a bit high?

Could it be that I need to remount my cooler? I used Arctic Cooling MX-2 on it. I have no idea what where the temps before I swapped coolers. The old cooler was some shitty one Dell supplied.
 
Hello, just for your information.

I have Q8400 running stock on OEM machine. Currently idle at around 2GHz
The reading is between 39C to 41C using CoreTemp.

Cheers
 
Update:

This is what I found after clicking around a bit:
61255adb.png


Temp1 is actually IT8718F which by my guess is not the Q8300.. but rather another chipset? I'm guessing it's the motherboard's Intel Chipset but isn't that still dangerously high for any chip?
 
Yeah, whatever that is, it sounds really hot to me. My overclocked 460 doesn't even get that hot in furmark.

I wonder if it's a calibration/sensor issue?
 
Update:
Temp1 is actually IT8718F which by my guess is not the Q8300.. but rather another chipset? I'm guessing it's the motherboard's Intel Chipset but isn't that still dangerously high for any chip?

Its more likely that the temperature is not being read correctly. Motherboards may have the exact same thermal sensor but the sensor may require a different multiplier on rev 1 motherboard versus rev2 or a different companies board using the same chip.
 
Your CPU temperatures are the ones labeled Core 0 through 3. Everything else can basically be ignored, since chances are Speedfan just isn't reading it properly. Your core temperatures are perfectly fine, so I don't see any real problem here unless something actually goes up in flames ;).
 
Back
Top