• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Q8300 at rated speed?

MScrip

Gawd
Joined
Feb 8, 2004
Messages
724
I just built a system with an Intel Quad Q8300 and an Asus P5Q-E. The CPU is rated at 2.5GHz.

But both Asus AI-Suite and CPU-Z are saying my CPU is running at 2.0GHz.

Huh? Do I need to overclock just to get my CPU running at "normal" speed?
 
run prime95 or any cpu intensive application and tell us if it is doing the same thing.
 
Wow... thanks!

I ran Prime95 and it shot up to 2.5GHz. I also tried some video compressing and it did it too!

Thanks again!
 
if for some reason you want your cpu to run at full speed all the time, even when idle, go into bios and disable all the intel thermal controls and c1e. since you are not overclocking, i dont figger you want or need it running full power at all times.
 
Back
Top