• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Q6600 warranty

fearFX

n00b
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
59
Hi... About 3 months ago, my PC suddenly shuts down and won't post, I did all the usual trouble shooting and I changed out the PSU and still won't go. I rma'ed the the MOBO (bfg 680sli) but due to supply shortage they made me wait a month and in the end send me a 680LT.

So after installing everything again it still wont post... and I'm worried that it might be my CPU(q6600).

Before the incident I have been running my CPU at 3.0 with tuniq tower 120 and bump my voltage a bit. I'm not sure what voltage it was but I'm sure its with-in Intels specs for that CPU.

Now my question is, if its a CPU problem will they reject my waranty claim? I both it on Nov.2007 so its still under warranty. I did not saw any burn marks or anything. Do you guys know how they will can determine if my CPU was overclocked?

Thanks... as of writing I bought a cheap used P4 CPU just to test it out.
 
No way they can tell if you overclocked it unless you tell them.

That being said... upping the voltage on a Q6600 to get it to 3.0Ghz is unnecessary. Most, if not all, of them will run fine at 3.0Ghz with stock voltage.
 
they have no idea, tell them it died and be done with it. I rmaéd lots of things I killed...:D

i fried a dual core pentium d afew years ago, was no problem for them to replace it.

before u rma, check the mobo.
 
they have no idea, tell them it died and be done with it. I rmaéd lots of things I killed...:D

i fried a dual core pentium d afew years ago, was no problem for them to replace it.

before u rma, check the mobo.

Someone may get on you, but personally I think the economics of corporations are corrupt to begin with, so kudos. Just do it sparingly.
 
they have no idea, tell them it died and be done with it. I rmaéd lots of things I killed...:D

i fried a dual core pentium d afew years ago, was no problem for them to replace it.

before u rma, check the mobo.

Thanks for the replies... I will try to get it replaced.
 
besides if you bumped the voltage little bit it shouldnt be a problem.
VID Voltage Range 0.85V-1.5V
so it is not overvolting unless you exceed the 1.5v. But you keep your mouth shut and dont tell anything to them :)
 
so it is not overvolting unless you exceed the 1.5v.
That is not true. Overvolting is raising the voltage to any level above the CPU's factory-set VID. You cannot technically raise the voltage without voiding the warranty, even if it is kept within the VID range.
 
Back
Top