1Wolf
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Jul 10, 2007
- Messages
- 439
I was wondering if maybe someone who knows far more about processors than I do might be able to set me straight on the game performance of the Q6600 vs. E8400.
Currently, my wife and I both have Q6600's overclocked to 3.33 Ghz.
The recommended system requirements for "Champions Online" were recently posted as an E8400 or greater.
I was wondering how a Q6600 overclocked to 3.33 Ghz stacked up against an E8400 in gaming?
I do realize that processor performance is not the sole determining factor in game performance. However my wife and I far exceed any memory requirements or video card requirements. I also realize that most games don't make use of the extra cores and I'm not sure if Champions does or not, but I'm assuming it doesn't for the sake of remaining on the side of caution.
Assuming maxxing any graphics/effects sliders and assuming more than sufficient memory and video card....Its how the CPU stacks up that I'm concerned about and I don't have any frame of reference to compare the two.
Thanks!
Currently, my wife and I both have Q6600's overclocked to 3.33 Ghz.
The recommended system requirements for "Champions Online" were recently posted as an E8400 or greater.
I was wondering how a Q6600 overclocked to 3.33 Ghz stacked up against an E8400 in gaming?
I do realize that processor performance is not the sole determining factor in game performance. However my wife and I far exceed any memory requirements or video card requirements. I also realize that most games don't make use of the extra cores and I'm not sure if Champions does or not, but I'm assuming it doesn't for the sake of remaining on the side of caution.
Assuming maxxing any graphics/effects sliders and assuming more than sufficient memory and video card....Its how the CPU stacks up that I'm concerned about and I don't have any frame of reference to compare the two.
Thanks!